a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dior Inspired 1940's.
















































The Dior Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2010 is absolutely to die for! I just can't get over this beautiful collection that was obviously 1940's inspired. I can't get my mind or eyes off all the hats with veils, nipped waists, striking shapes, and elbow length gloves! I think the hats are the most remarkable pieces of the collection;the architecture,fabrics,and thought went into them is marvelous. They truely are the quintessence of 1940's glamour...

My two favorite looks would absolutely have to be the leopard dress ensemble,and also the red suit and skirt at the very top of the page. I can't help but just drool over them! (Not literally of course!) This is by far my favorite collection that I have ever seen from any designer, and I'm sure that it shall stay that way for quite sometime. The sophistication and class of this collection capture the 1940's perfectly! Oh, Dior...how you can be so cruel..
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig