a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh, How Ironic Life Is.
















Light Pink Ruffle Dress: Forever21.
Black Cardigan: Forever21.
Black Beret: Target.
Black Knee Socks: Mom's.
Open Toe Black Wedges: Old Navy.
Black Bow: A belt to a dress, Kohl's.

This would be the outfit I wore yesterday on our snowy winter day! To be honest, I did not wear it all day because I was freezing cold. A sweatshirt was my go to unfortunately...lol.
So in yesterday's post I was talking about how I have always admired those girls who look like they just threw on the perfect outfit and left the house? Well today, ironically, I actually got that experience! (except my outfit did not look so amazing...) Usually every morning for school my dad wakes me up at 5:50 to start getting ready. This morning,however, I was awaken by the sound of the phone ringing. I look to see who is calling, and I wonder, " Why is Matt calling me so darn early?"
"Do we have a snow day?" I asked him.
"No."
I tried again, " a delay?"
"No."
Come to find out, Matt was calling me because it was 6:35 and I usually call him at 6:30 in the morning. My dad had over slept! I was so shocked that it was that late I could not believe it! I jumped out of bed and threw on any clothes I could find and frantically brushed my teeth, along with throwing my hair in a rather messy bun. It was 6:50, the time I usually leave, when I ran out of the house with a banana in my mouth, to catch the bus after my chaotic morning! To top all of that off, while on the phone Matt had told me he was not going to school, for he had been sick last night. Sheez, as if I was not stressed enough!
I made it through all in one piece though, and now I can live to tell the tale of being one of those girls who " look like they just threw any outfit on." Like I said though, mine was not too fantastic, just some jeans, a black T-shirt, a leopard scarf, and matching pointy flats.
I can hardly believe tomorrow is Friday already! The weeks sure goes by fast when you have two snow days :) Supposedly next week there is another big snow storm coming in. At this rate I'll be making up school into August!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig