- There was a big box of old 1950's Ladies Home Journal magazines that were beyond fantastic! The clothes features were so inspirational...and some of the ads were hilarious! Perhaps for only $5 I can get one sometime..
- A brown floppy vintage hat. As you know I have been on a great expedition for a straw hat and this one comes close to my expectations. However, it had a veil covering the top part that was ripped, so I had to pass. It was still gorgeous though!
- There was this remarkable satin floral jewelry box that I cannot get out of my mind. I believe it was from the 1970's. The inside was lined with red satin;the box would truly be perfect to hold the rest of my jewelry!
- A dress made from Hawaii that was one of a kind. The colors were so bright and vibrant, and the shape was just too darling. I really hope to go back for the dress. It was $14, which is not bad at all, but I'm such a cheap-o!
- There were these very interesting vintage head pieces. They were not hats, but just decorative veils that you slipped over your head. One that really caught my fancy was a white one with a bow on the top. I almost looked like a bride in though actually!
- A little pair of rose clip on earrings were really catching my eye.
- Still the necklace I talked about last week with gold and pearls is at the shop. I definitely know I am going back to get it so I can wear it to prom. Mom always says, " if your still thinking about a piece a week later, then you like it enough to get it!"
All of these wonderful items will hopefully keep me in a dream land for this week because.... I have the dreaded OGT. The OGT stands for the Ohio Graduation Test that all sophomore students in Ohio must take in order to graduate. All this week I will be taking the tests in every subject, and it is alright to say I am absolutely dreading the tests. Sigh...it's going to be a long week!