a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's All About the Details.







Prom Extras:
  • Red Pumps.
  • Statement Gold, Fake Diamond sets, Pearls.
  • Gold with Pearl Sets Clip on Earrings.
  • White Elbow Length Gloves.
  • Red Lipstick.
  • Brown Eyeshadow.
  • Cream Eyeshadow.
  • Red Lip gloss.
  • Voluminous Black Mascara.
  • Black Eyeliner.
  • Pearly White Nail polish.

In only three weeks my prom with be here! For months I have been gathering little details that will make my 1940's inspired prom look come together perfectly! There are just a few things left that I have to work out. One is that I need to still get a little clutch type purse yet. At What Goes Round there are quite a few nice ones, so some weekend I'll have to stop there! Also, in the picture above I have pearly white nail polish, but I think I'm actually going to end up painting my nails red to match my lipstick! A quick trip to Wal-Mart some time will take care of that!

I've had my hair appointment for a few months now, and know how I want it done. I think that the little picture above is exactly what I picture in my mind for what I want! Something soft... romantic...with a Marcel Wave bang...deep side part....cascading curls...

I'm not the type of person to go get their nails done, I'm going to just do my own. (It saves a lot of money too!) However, I think I am going to get my eyebrows done. Having perfect eyebrows can mean a world of difference; especially if a person is going for a vintage look!

I'll be doing my own makeup, as well. I didn't want something too harsh. I tried out a smoky eye with black and grey shadow, and it just didn't look right. Instead of doing all of that eye makeup, I'm going to just do liner on my top lids and wing in out a tiny bit at the end for that cat eye affect. Also, I want to do some volumizing mascara to make my eyes pop! I've read in a lot of magazines that a little dab of shimmery white shadow in the inner corners of the eyes reflects the light and looks pretty. I'm going to try that little trick! The final touch I'm sort of nervous about!? Red lips! It's a trend that requires a ton of confidence to rock. I want to wear it so much because I think it will complete the look perfectly, I'm just sort of uneasy. I think I'll probably end of wearing though :)

SHARE:

3 comments

Mila said...

Wow, you're going to look amazing!! I hope you have the best time EVER.:D

xoxo

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Thank you both so much!
I'll be sure to post LOTS of pictures! :)

Blogger Template by pipdig