a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, April 26, 2010

Now That's A Big Bow!









Pink Plaid Bow Dress: Target.
Brown T-Shirt: Vanity.
Pearl Necklace: Kohl's.
Pearl Screw On Earrings: Thrifted.
Nude Pumps: Thrifted.


Bleh...it was such a rainy and dismal day today! I was hoping that it would be nice and sunny out for blog pictures. No such luck. Anyways, today I started the little challenge with myself to wear the pieces in my closet that have never been worn, or haven't been worn very often. This dress is prime example number one!
I bought it at the beginning of last summer and loved it when I first saw it. The big bow for the top was what I loved most. For some reason as time went on, I didn't like the dress as much. It didn't really go with anything I had, and I felt like it made me look short. Well...I never even ended up wearing it, so today was the first day that I have ever worn this dress. Yes, it's not the most creative outfit in the world, but I realize that I still do like this dress a lot. Bows are some of my favorite things to incorporate in my outfits; and why not have a huge one!? Wearing high heels helped me look less short, and made me like the dress more, as well. I rather like tomorrow's outfit I put together with some other clothes I don't wear usually. Oh, and I'm super excited! Tonight I put together some outfits with my new suspenders; can't wait to wear them to school soon! :)
I haven't gotten to post about it yet, but Matt and I went and saw Sinbad, a comedian, on Friday night. You know Sinbad; he played in Jingle All the Way, and Houseguest. Back in January for Matt's birthday I bought us tickets to go seem him live, and Friday was the night! It was really a good time listening to Sinbad... he was so funny and had Matt and I laughing hysterically. Unfortunately, one little thing ruined the night for us. Some foolish parents brought their six year old son to the show, and they had seats right behind us. The whole time the kid did this fake laugh at every joke Sinbad made, although he clearly didn't understand the joke. I'm not kidding. Every.single.joke.this.kid.laughed.at. It was a loud, gut wrenching laugh too. So hard that it would make the kid bend over and gasp for air. It was so irritating and it pretty much ruined the night, but we still had a fairly good time. Oh well, I guess we were all that age once! (although I hope I wasn't that obnoxious...)
SHARE:

2 comments

Mila said...

Love your outfit!! It has been blechhy out here in Iowa lately too. I've been in similar situations with little kids too!:)

xoxo

d jane said...

you look so gorgeous! i love your style, it's so feminine and pretty. love it.

Blogger Template by pipdig