a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Soft Waves, and a Proud Moment in My Life.





Recently, my grandmother gave me this adorable little comb! I wanted to put it in my hair in a creative way, so this is what I came out with. Instead of having tight curls like usual, I brushed them out so that the curls were more like waves. I pinned my bangs back and then placed in the clip, which stayed put at the time. When I tried this style the other day at school, however, I had to keep redoing the comb all day! How bothersome...
I have had an extremely busy last few days... When I came home from school yesterday I went with Matt and his family out to eat at a Mexican restaurant for his dad's birthday. It was a really nice time! After, we went back to his house and we did each other's hair, one of the most fun things I have done in a long time! Matt slicked my hair back with enough hairspray for a southern belle, while I gave him a comb over... I'm kicking myself in the butt for not taking pictures.
I didn't stay long at Matt's house, for I had a sleepover birthday party to go to for a friend! It was the oddest feeling going to a sleepover.. I haven't been to one in over two years since I left my friends in the eighth grade. Obviously I can't have sleepovers with my best friend now, who's a boy! The sleepover last night brought back a lot of memories for me, and made me remember the fun I used to have. No way do I want to go back to my old friends,they were such jerks, but we did always used to have really fun sleepovers. I have changed so much since then though, who knows if I would even have fun at those sleepovers now... I used to act immature and crazy, just to fit in with my old friends, and felt like they would not like me if I was quiet. Now I'm glad I have people in my life who accept me for who I am; whether I'm quite or loud!
This morning then my day did not slow down because at 9 o'clock I had to go to another girl's house to film a video project for school. It was pretty fun, I played a creepy stalker guy and I made up a coustume to wear! I wore this big trench coat, my dad's old dress pants, a beat up newsboy hat, dark sunglasses, and I even had fake facial hair that went all around my face and made a goatee. I got it for fifty cents in a toy dispenser at Ollie's Bargain outlet! Also, I made my eyebrows really dark and over exaggerated. I looked so much like a man, that when I was waiting downstairs for the girls, they turned the corner and screamed because they actually thought I was a man! Tomorrow we have the last scene to film that we have to do. I can't wait to see the video all done!
I was actually quite proud of myself for something that I did on Friday that I usually don't do. I stood up for myself! Too often I let people push me around and take advantage of me, but yesterday was different for once. The lunch line is always ridiculously long, and especially on chicken finger wrap day, which was yesterday. Matt and I hurried so that we wouldn't be so far back in the lunch line because if your in the back of the line, there's not time left to eat. Well, there was this freshman girl in front of us, and her friend who was walking by looked at how long the line was then cut right in front of me. She said to her friend, " no teachers are even here to get me in trouble." Now, I don't particularly like this girl anyways because she thinks that she is better than everyone else, but this was the last straw. I told her that... I didn't appreciate her cutting me when I had rushed to get in line and it wasn't fair that she just got to step in when she wanted to in front of people who were waiting. If she wanted that lunch, then she should have been faster.... I said it in a the nice way , but I could tell she probably though I was (a word that rhymes with witch.) lol. I don't care though, I would have let her cut me if she had just asked me, but she just thought she was special enough to cut everyone else. I was so angry that I just got out of the line, and that was that. I felt bad the whole day, like I was too mean, but now I don't feel bad. I know I did the right thing and she deserved to have something said to her. I'm proud of myself!
SHARE:

1 comment

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

Mean? No darling... It's called ASSERTIVE. Nice job.. Pretty, pretty comb.

Blogger Template by pipdig