a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Terrible Day..







White C0llar Shirt: Kohl's.
Floral Pleated Skirt: Thrifted.
White Basket Weave Pumps: Thrifted.
Silver Locket Necklace: Thrifted.

Have you ever had one of those days that just start out bad, and continually get worse as the day goes on? Unfortunately, today was one of those nasty days for me. Not even the bright floral print of my skirt could cheer me up.
It started off with first period English. The amount of work we have been getting lately is overwhelming, and I feel as if I'm drowning. At least five big projects are due next week. The most important one is a video I must make with two other girls. The two girls are very busy though, and we haven't had time to even start the movie. Both girls have been sick this week, so we haven't even gotten to discuss when we can get together. The deadline is drawing closer...
Second period wasn't much better. I was irritated to no end yesterday after we took a test in Spanish, and with five minutes left my teacher decided to try and teach us something. Today she was not there, and I was so frustrated when she left work for us on yesterday's topic, which she taught god awfully...She is one of the worst teachers I've ever had, and it makes me sad because I love Spanish so much, yet she makes it so hard to learn it. I hate not knowing what's going on, but at least I'm in the same boat as everyone else. None of have any inkling of what is going on.
Fifth period Chemistry. Probably the worst part of my day. We had a big test today, and guess who didn't know any, not one, of the answers. Yeah, that would be me. I was so upset I almost started to cry. I got the test and it felt like I had never even seen any of the questions or learned about them. The whole test was a glorified guessing game for me. I know I couldn't have gotten better than a 50%...
Usually band is my relaxing subject, however, today I received bad news. For my boyfriend's birthday I bought tickets for us to go see Sinbad. The day to see Sinbad and the day of my state contest for band fell on the same day, so I had to choose one of the other. It's 200 points to go to the state contest, so if I didn't go I would get an F in band. I was hoping that it would be put on the next grading period, for there would be a lot more grades to bring up the missing 200 points, but sadly it's on this grading period. I'm going to have to miss Sinbad. I'm crushed and feel so terrible about messing this up for Matt. He's not making it much easier on me though. I've tried everything to make it up to him and make things better, but he's still upset. As if I don't feel guilty enough. I do understand to some extent; it's like I'm missing his birthday completely.
It's just been a terrible and exhausting day... I can't wait for it to be over with. I'm sorry for the little rant, it just helps to get all of these feelings out somewhere. There's always a new day to look forward to though. Hopefully tomorrow is much, much better...
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig