So lately I have been holding out all of the new jewelry I have thrifted lately! For the past few weekends when I have gone thrifting I haven't had good luck finding clothes, but I have had extraordinary luck in finding jewelry! I have been wanting to expand my jewelry collection and I have certainly gotten my wish.... Here's a little about all of my new treasures that I have recently acquired!
- Double Strand Pearl Necklace (two for $1). I believe it was two weeks ago that I had such an ironic but truly touching experience when I got this necklace. Let me first of say that my speech teacher is ALWAYS sick, I mean sometimes for weeks in a row. So often we have a sub in the class, and one day we had this sweet older woman who wanted to hear something interesting about everyone. My interesting fact was that I liked vintage clothes, and she was just so fascinated with me! Everyday that week she talked to me about vintage clothes, and I actually got to know her really well. Later that week in the newspaper I found a garage sale to go to that looked promising. When I pulled up into the driveway I was so surprised to see the same sweet sub! She was so incredibly nice enough to bring out her jewelry especially for me to look through and pick out what I wanted. I jumped at the chance to own the beautiful pearl necklace and she only made me pay a dollar for the pearl necklace and an additional necklace!
- Gold Choker Necklace (two for $1). This was the other necklace from the sweet lady. I fell in love with the sheer simple elegance of it. It looks fantastic with a simple dress and it makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn when I wear it for some reason!
- Blue and Gold Beaded Necklace( Free). Finally, the extrodinarily kind sub gave me this necklace. As soon as she saw me, she went into her house and brought out this necklace. She told me that it had been her mom's, and that she had been saving it to give to me!! Wow, I was just blown away by her kindness. It was probably one of the nicest things any one's ever done to give me something so old and precious...
- Gold and Pearl Clip On Earrings (.50) Haha, you all know about my crazy cat encounter I had whilst thrifting yesterday, but these earrings were actually what I got at that place! I'd say the earrings are worth almost getting attacked by a crazy cat ;)
- Pink Oval Clip On Earrings (.50) Nothing too special, but still pretty nonetheless! I bought these little earrings at a sale in an abandoned Value City along with a beige purse I still must show you all! The purse and the earrings were pretty much the best things there....
- Bouquet of Roses Clip On Earrings ($3). These little treasures are probably one of my favorite pairs of clip on earrings I own now! I've kept my eye on them in the local antique store for months, and finally last week bought them. I wore them with my red one shoulder dress the other day to the awards ceremony, and I must say the two went perfectly together! I already know these earrings will get a ton of use!
- Pink Floppy Sun Hat ($4). This was a purchase actually from yesterday. I am in love with floppy hats: I truly could never have enough! This pink on matches perfectly with some of my bikinis, and bonus! It's going to save me from getting sun burnt! Ahh... how I love double benefit clothing!
- I love my legs. They are my favorite body part! Why do you think I always wear skirts and dresses?! ;)
- I love how I can wear anything with confidence. It wasn't too long ago when I never thought this could be possible.
- I love my smile. I'm never, ever afraid to show off my bright, one of a kind, smile!
And the picture I choose that I love is something so inspiring to me! I love how confident and sexy the model looks in this picture. She has that beautiful pinup girl look: I'm so jealous! I'm truly in love with everything in this picture. I wish so badly I could get my hair to curl beautifully like hers. And her red lips? One word. Gorgeous. Her outfit is to die for, too. The high waisted shorts are killer!
Here are some of the wonderful ladies who I choose to give this award to! All of them are too sweet and brighten my days with their kind comments!
Wow, wow, wow is all I have to say about the Louis Vuiton Fall/Winter 2010/2011 collection! I'm not a big trend follower, and usually don't care too much for designer collections, but when I caught a glimpse in my latest Harper's Bazaar of the Louis Vuiton collection, I knew I had to check it out!
Clearly, Marc Jacobs was feeling 1950's inspired when he created this to-die-for collection! I watched a video of the runway show on louisvuiton.com and even the music for the show was old and had a sort of jazzy sound. This is probably one of the most inspiring and beautiful collections I've ever seen.
It has everything from elbow length leather gloves, structured jackets, full circle skirts, peter pan collars, nipped waits, bow high heels, fitted corsets, feminine blouses, and everything in between! This collection is a vintage lover's dream. Oh, I covet so much the pretty blouses with the ruffles and bows on the bodice. I drool over the extravagant New Look inspired skirts and jackets. And I just about faint over the figure flattering corset dresses. I want every piece in this collection, hands down, end of story.
I think the hair and makeup that went with the clothes is brilliant, as well. I like the soft, feminine look of the makeup. It's very natural looking and is such a breath of fresh air from all of the usual hard, dark, and edgy makeup you see in runway shows. Since the strong silhouettes of the clothes speak for themselves, I like how Jacobs kept the models' hair pulled back in simple pony tails, but added a little pop at the end with a elegant curl.
It's times like this when I wished I was either filthy rich or a celebrity....
I just can't help it. As much lately as I have been trying to be happy that summer is here and carefree, I have felt kind of lost, lonely, and forgotten. I know that it is not fun to read sob stories all the time on a blog; people want to read positive things. I am sorry, but this is my real life and how I feel, not some fantasy world where I am happy all the time. Being me is sometimes...very difficult, and this blog is a place not only to showcase my clothes, but to release about my everyday life.
Even today, I felt so silly. The one thing I feel I'm good at in the world is putting together outfits and wearing my clothes. Lately, I have felt as though I can't even do that right. Even today at school when I know it goes to another deserving person and they I am happy for her, someone else won the Best Dressed Student Award at the awards ceremony. My outfits lately have felt half-heart and blah... nothing I am very proud of, which makes me feel as if I have lost my talent.