a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, May 29, 2010

That Girl Has Some High Heels...

Do you like my smiley face I drew on my hand in Speech class!?







Cream Lace Blouse: Old Navy.
Floral Skirt (actually a dress): Forever21.
Teal Belt: Thrifted, came with shorts.
Satin Peep Toe Purple Heels: Target.
Silk Pink Bow: China, came with a robe.
Why hello everyone! I'd like to thank some of you that commented on my post, The Forgotten Soldier. I tell you enough how much your kind and considerate comments mean to me.... They really do help and make me appreciate you all so much when I'm feeling down! A big THANK YOU once again! :)
I'm happy to say I'm feeling much better, and it seems the weekend has been the remedy for my feeling down. The outfit above is actually what I wore Friday to school, but never got around to posting. I just wanted to show you all a little something new I tried out: wearing a scarf tied into a bow! There is this lovely girl on Chictopia who always wears her scarves in bow around her neck, and I thought I would give it a whirl myself! I liked the look a lot, and it kind of for some reason reminded me of Fred from Scooby Doo that always wears ascots!
Oh... and now for the explanation of the absolutely beautiful shoes that I now call mine as of today. Since January I have been coveting these wedge heels at Target when I first saw them. At the time I saw them I did not buy them, and always regretted it. The wedges from Target always kept popping up in my mind as the perfect summer wedges, but I figured that all of them would be gone. When my mom, sister, and I went to Target today,however, I was so pleased to see that the wedges were still in stock. Everything about the shoes is perfect: color, look, height, and they don't hurt or are hard to walk in! Pretty much these wedges are God's shoes. Ironically enough, the first pair of heels I ever purchased were wedges from Target. Ha! What goes around really does come back around.
Man, do I have a crazy story to tell about when I went thrifting today.... I went to this garage sale that was sort of out in the country, but the house was absolutely beautiful. The couple that lived there were old, but really sweet and nice. They did have about five or six cats though, but that didn't bother me because I love cats! When I was leaving the sale and going to my car, I was quite shocked to open my car door and have a cat fly out at me! It just about scared me half to death... I thought " how did that stinken cat get in my car?" The window was only cracked a tiny bit, but..... I had left my moon roof open! I still can't believe that the cat would have climbed on top of my car...

I actually had a really fantastic day overall. After thrift shopping in the morning, and going to Target with my mom, Matt and I went to the pool today: it was the first day open! It was really fun, and I got a little sun, too. ;) We then came back to my house and had my dad's home made pizza and took a walk around the neighborhood. Snack size Reese's Cup Mcflurries from Mcdonalds were the cherry on top of the perfect day!
I hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend!

SHARE:

4 comments

Mila said...

LOVE this!:)

Sofi Moukidou said...

love love love the outfit!

The Semi Sweet said...

I'd probably pee my pants if a cat ran out of the my car at me! How funny! And those wedges are something amazing! I love the flower detail.

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit! Scarves are fun to play with.
Funny story about the cat, mine always sneaks up on me... he does this weird thing where he hugs my leg then attempts to bite it! Ziggy is such a weird cat.
PS- Show us your thrift finds soon!!! :)

Blogger Template by pipdig