Hello everyone! It's amazing how I didn't think I was addicted to the internet before I left for my short trip. Boy, was I wrong! My fingers were practically itching to type on the computer and see what all of you have been up to! It was quite overwhelming to come back and see all of the posts that I had to read and look at. I enjoyed it, of course, as I always do and I'm so happy to be back (for now at least...) My trip was really fantastic and probably one of the most enjoyable things I've done this summer. I have pictures to post and stories to tell! Argh, I feel like I have so much blogging to do and catch up on. I'm going to be such a busy, busy blogger...
Well, what a sweet surprise was waiting for me when I got back: a blog award! I'm so flattered to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from R E V A S R A G S 2 R O S E S! I am incredibly lucky that Reva found my blog because she has been one of the biggest supporters and great friends that I have through this blog. She always has wise and thoughtful advice for me and is actually a fellow Ohioan! :) She has such a daring and fearless style that I admire so much... Please. DO go check her blog out!
Well, for the award I must list seven things about myself... Hm, let's see here.
- Unlike many people, I am actually dreading my senior year. My boyfriend is in the grade above me and will already be graduated when I'm a senior. I'm so scared and don't know how I'm going to get through high school without him since I don't have any other really close friends. Eek! I'm crossing my fingers that I might make some good friends this upcoming junior year.
- Currently I am fighting my way tooth and nail through a summer English project. Sigh. I had to read Black Boy by Richard Wright and currently I'm working on An American Tragedy. The book is actually brilliant (unlike many I must read for school) but.... it's over 800 pages...in microscopic print...and it has to be done by August 12th.... and I'm only on page 157...
- I wasn't always shy and quiet. About my eighth grade year I started to become introverted. My old friends actually used to call me " the truth and dare queen." Ha, obviously a lot has changed since then.
- When I was younger I was obsessed with the Titanic. I found learning about the Titanic absolutely fascinating when I was younger. I even when to a COSI exhibit where I got to role play being a real passenger, see artifacts from the shipwreck, and just learn everything there is to know about the Titanic!
- My parents believe that I'm going to be a scientist. For whatever strange and bizarre reason, my parents believe that someday I'm going to go into the science field! I hate science. Hate it, hate it, hate it! They are convinced, however, that since I get good scores on science tests that the field is meant for me. Yeah, we'll see.
- I've never tried a banana split. I've tried about every other kind of ice cream, but refuse to try banana splits. I just don't get it. I even like bananas!
- I'm Catholic. I have been going to a Catholic church ever since I was born! I used to actually hate going to church, but now I don't mind. I'm proud of my religion and what I believe in.
And... here's the bloggers I'm passing the award of to!
To any other bloggers: seriously take the award, as well! Every single one of you deserve this award. :D