You all are probably thinking " she always buys all this junk, but we never see her wear any of it!" I know, I know, I'm terrible! There's quite a few vintage clothes that I've shown you all pictures of when I first buy, but then after that they disappear and never return. I have a huge pile of vintage clothes that need to be altered and fixed to take to my seamstress. I'm really anxious to have it all fixed so I can actually start to wear all the stuff I buy.
Well anyways, here's a little about what I bought today...
- Leather Wallet: (free). I just couldn't pass up this wallet. I've been needing a new one, and this one seemed just perfect. It has a vintage vibe to it, and sort of looks old fashioned. When I went up to pay I didn't have a quarter to pay for the wallet, but the people were so nice at the sale and gave it to me for free!
- Floral Skirt: ($1). The pattern of this skirt was what really caught my eye. I wasn't sure if it was going to be too long or not, but I bought it anyways and figured it could be shortened. The length isn't terrible: about mid calf, but I still would like it shortened to my knees. I couldn't wait to wear it,however, and wore it as a dress today! It looked so nice and I got so many compliments that I don't even think I'll shorten it but just leave it as it is.
- Tan Peep Toe Charlotte Russe Wedges: ($3). When I went thrift shopping on Friday to VOA I didn't have enough money to buy these shoes, so I vowed to come back for them! They are in perfect condition and hardly ever look to have been worn!
- White Bow Wedges: ($3). I didn't see these shoes at VOA the other day, but saw them for the first time today. I'm always on the hunt for white shoes, and I was so excited when I found these! They aren't dirty at all and the tiny wedge heel is perfect! The bow on them is just an added bonus :)
- Yellow Checkered Memory Board ($3). A memory board has been on my list of things to get for my room ever since I redecorated it a few years ago. My room is yellow and this memory board couldn't have matched any better! If you don't know what a memory board is, it's just a board where you can put photographs, pictures, or anything else you please to make a collage. I've been wanting one to make a vintage inspired collage. I can't wait to get started on it and will definitely post pictures of it for the blog when I'm finished!
I'd like to think that the purchases I made today are pretty practical. Often, I purchase things that I don't necessarily need or things that I won't ever use. What I always ask myself when I go shopping is, " Do I REALLY need this? How will I style this? Will I use it often?" These questions often stop me from over buying!
Oh, and today Matt and I went to a church festival and had a really good time! He won me two stuffed animals: a money and a little horse. We ate greasy pizza (mm!) and also split onion rings! Then, we both tried our luck at the cake wheel and both of us ended up coming home with a cake: which we ate later on in the evening of course :) Also, there was a basketball foul shot game at the festival where I won twice and Matt won once. I only won more than him because they allowed me to be closer to the hoop, heh heh heh. We ended up winning three big liters of pop! After the festival Matt and I watched my little sister for the evening and had a water balloon fight! Gosh, I haven't laughed so hard and truly had that much fun in a long time... It was such a great summer day!