a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm a Barbie Girl In a Barbie World!












Hello everyone!


So my Halloween dress up for school was actually yesterday, but I had so much homework last night I didn't get to do a post. I LOVED this costume. It is my favorite and most creative costume to date! I got the idea to be a Barbie off of a Halloween website and then added the box to the costume. It always bothers me when people can't figure out what you are for Halloween, so I didn't want there to be any question about who I was! I don't think I'll ever be able to top this costume...


So here are the materials used to make the outfit:

  1. Vacuum cleaner box: supplied by my dad (free).
  2. Hot pink paint: Had from a school project (free).
  3. Mattel and Barbie Letters (bar code on the back of box): Printed off Internet.
  4. Fake eyelashes: Halloween Store (free).
  5. Blonde Wig w/ Bangs: Halloween Store (free).
  6. Hot pink Shirt: Thrift Store ($2).
  7. Hounds tooth Skirt: Thrift Store ( Already had).
  8. Black Boots: Thrift Store (Already had).
  9. Hot pink lipstick: Target ($1).
  10. Hot pink nail polish: Target ($1).

Total: $4.00!

I spent a total of about two hours painting and making the box look like an actual Barbie box; that was the hardest part about this costume. Wearing this costume was an absolute blast... I had so much fun pretending to be Barbie! Everyone at school loved it, and they actually took my picture for the yearbook! It was very difficult to maneuver around at school in this though. The box restricted my movements and was very uncomfortable on my arms. Sitting down (even in tiny desks!) was not a problem though. I've got to say though that the discomfort was worth it. Also, I couldn't wear a back back because it wouldn't fit in my box, so I just carried my books around in a Forever21 shopping bag. I was "I love shopping" Barbie ;)


I'm seventeen years old and yet I still love Halloween... I'm such a kid at heart. Tomorrow I'm going out to do some fun fall activities with some friends, and then for Halloween on Sunday Matt and I are doing some fun scary things! This weekend is going to be great!


Hope everyone has a good weekend and a wonderful Halloween. I'll probably do a post before then, but I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Halloween in advance :)


With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

7 comments

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

haha, this is awesome. i am going to be a barbie too but not with a box. just because i'm going to a party and i dont want to be not being able to move :P i'd probably take it out anyway.. plus, im so busy =(

Janelle
http://barestudy.blogspot.com

Sofi Moukidou said...

hahaha! unbelievable!

Me said...

Amazing~!

Mary said...

This is genius, Lauren! LOVE it!

Mila said...

Eeek! I love it!!! I was thinking about being Barbie too, but not I'm not sure yet. You are a GENIUS for coming up with this costume!:) I love every little detail. Great job! Have a good Halloween:))))

xoxo

Maria said...

OMG, I LOVE your costume. It's so cute!

JGO said...

Marvelous!!! I love it!
xo,
jacqueline

Blogger Template by pipdig