a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, January 28, 2011

Illusionist.










Bow Tank Top: Forever21.
Black Turtleneck: Kohl's.
Black Pencil Skirt: Macy's.
White Tights: JcPenny's.
Black Heels: Thrifted.
Pearl Earrings: Thrifted.
Hello everyone!


I've always found it strange how different clothes can create different illusions for your body depending on what type you are. I had a reader ask me recently how tall I am, and I think many of you would be surprised to find that I'm only 5'3! I like to create the illusion that I'm always taller and have longer legs because in reality I have incredibly short legs. Wearing high heels of course always helps, but also creating a long, streamed line is a key to looking taller. Pencil skirts like the one I'm wearing in these pictures are one of my favorite things to wear because they make me look taller and thinner. Because they sit so high up on my waist, it creates the illusion that my legs are long, and of course the high heels only add to the effect. It always pleases me when people think I'm taller than I actually am. It means I'm creating just the illusion I want!


Hope you all are doing well!
With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

5 comments

Mila said...

Haha, I do the same thing! The other day, I wore a black pencil-skirt type thing, and everybody thought I looked super tall! Just shows that fashion can help everything...;)

Your whole outfit is so cute...I love how you brought the summery tank top into your outfit and made it look perfect.

xoxo

JordanMayTwigs said...

I'm 5'7 and when I wear heels I look like a giant sometimes.
But I like to wear them anyway.
I also like to wear pencil skirts!!!!!!
I've got a really pretty LAMB plaid one.
It's one of my favorites.
And this is one of my favorite looks on you so far.
The bow is such a cute touch.
And the turtle neck is a great use of layering.
:)

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

CaptMO/ DJ ABO said...

Sweetness!!! Totoally loving the black and white! Great top! And the belt is perfect! Great look! :-)

fashion doctor said...

wow,elegant,chik,chanel like!xo xo

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I must look like a skeleton when I'm in heels or something because I'm about 6'1" when in my heels!!! ahh. This outfit you're wearing is great and you do look longer and probably the colors help too??

Blogger Template by pipdig