a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Silly Gooses.











Red Cardigan: Gaberiel Brother's.
Lace Cream Blouse: Old Navy.
Flair Jeans: Aeropostale.
Rose Scarf: Thrifted.
Tan Clog Heels: Target.

Hello everyone!

It was so unlike me to wear jeans the other day, especially ones that aren't skinny jeans! I've had this pair of jeans for years where they just collect dust in the back of my closet. Every once in awhile though I pull them out. I probably only wear jeans out in public for an entire day maybe two to three times a month. It's just that I hate jeans and I don't know why. Maybe one reason is I just feel so constricted and suffocated when I wear them versus the freeness of my dresses. Dresses are definitely in my comfort zone (which is oddly the opposite of most people). Or maybe it's because for some reason I always feel like I look terrible in jeans. I have incredibly short legs, so anything besides skinny jeans tend to make my legs look like stumps, and I grow incredibly self-conscious.

I was highly pleased of the reaction from my classmates, however, when I wore these jeans to school yesterday. It was funny how many people complimented me for just wearing a pair of jeans, and it really gave me the self confidence boost I needed to maybe wear them again sometime. It was funny because I counted ten people who thought I was going crazy just because I wore a pair of jeans. Silly classmates ;)

Hope everyone is doing well!
With much love, Lauren.

P.S. And 22 comments on my post from a few days ago? That's a new high for me! 
You all blow my mind...
SHARE:

7 comments

Marg said...

I love your outfit and especially your shoes! Great post!!!

Mila said...

I love your skirts and dresses, but when you wear jeans, it's always so fresh since you don't wear them very often. I love the bright pop of color the sweater gave your outfit:)

xoxo

CaptMO/ DJ ABO said...

The red and white combo goes great with your hair and complexion, and the blue jeans actually gives it a nice boost as well! God, you're brave going in the snow in sandals!!! Love it all! :-)

April said...

That's a really, really cute outfit. Jeans are so wonderful. You should wear them at least more than once a week.

fashion doctor said...

so chic!!!love your combination!

JGO said...

Love your complete outfit...anything you wear, you wear it soooo well. My daughter keeps saying how beautiful you are. She would like to ask you a question, but is so shy. So, I will ask for her. How tall are you?
xo,Jacqueline

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I love it. beautiful. The scarf is so cute and I love your pants.

Blogger Template by pipdig