Pink Trench Coat: Kohl's.
Black Dress Underneath: Forever21.
Black Knee Socks: Gift from my aunt.
Pearl Clip Earrings: Thrifted.
So, I've finally given up and let winter win: I took my outfit pictures inside today. I absolutely hate taking my pictures inside, but sometimes you do what you have to do. I can take the snow. The wind. The ice. The one thing I cannot take though is below zero weather. Goodness, it's so cold out that even if I had ten layers on I would still be freezing... Spring, please hurry up!
As of late though I have been going through a really inspirational and great turning point in my life. Usually, I try to keep the personal stuff to a minimal on this blog, but some of these things are too important to keep all bottled up inside.
- Recently I have found a deeper connection with God. It's funny because I've gone to church my whole life and been raised a Catholic. I always prayed and went to church because I thought it was something I had to do, not something I wanted to do. I started feeling closer to God about a month or so ago, and my relationship has just been growing stronger every day. About a week ago I picked up the Bible for the first time in years and started to read it. It felt so empowering and inspiring to read those words! I've started my journey in having a more deep, more real, and more loving relationship with God that I am so excited about.
- In the next few weeks I plan to start applying for jobs. It's funny how much a person can change in just a year. Last summer I remember fighting my parents tooth and nail because I did not want to get a summer job. This year something is different though. I feel like I'm just dying to have a job. I want to stop relying on my parents for everything I need and learn to have responsibilities. I want to learn the value of money, and what it's like to work hard for something. Where I really want to work at is Target, but I won't be able to start working until school lets out.
- I've decided to save up for a real camera. If there's one thing that I am dissatisfied with about my blog, it's my pictures. For quite sometime I've been unhappy with the quality and just over all appeal of my pictures. Since the start of my blog my pictures have greatly improved, but a tripod, self timer, and a camera from Wal-Mart can only take me so far. I believe it's time to get a "big girl" camera to take me to the next level of this hobby that has turned into a passion. It probably won't be until mid summer until I'll be able to have enough money to buy the camera, but I know every penny I save will be worth it.
- I'm going to be starting a tumblr blog. It's been on my mind for quite some time now to perhaps start a tumblr blog, and I believe I'm going to finally do it. Here's the catch though: it's going to be totally private. I'm going to make it so that it will not be open to the public to read, and I don't plan on giving anyone the address. I just really feel as though I need a space to release all of the thoughts I constantly have bouncing around in my head. A place where I can track my progress as I grow and change into the person I am ultimately meant to be in life. I'm brainstorming the perfect name for it right now, and in the next few days I plan on creating it.
- I think I'm going to take a leap. No sillies, not an actual leap, just a metaphorical one. All of my life I've played things safe and when I think about it; I don't think I've ever really gone after anything in life that I actually wanted. I've always done things because I felt like I had to, or maybe it was for the "best." Well, I think maybe it's time I did something I actually want to do, and not just take the safe route. Some of you may know that I was planning to study Spanish teaching in college. Well, I feel like maybe that's not what I want, but just the job I think will get me to "have a good life." What I think I'm going to go ahead in pursue in college is Fashion Merchandising. It's a huge risk and still something I'm thinking a lot about, but every day my dream seems to become closer to a reality. And nothing sounds sweeter than that.
Hope you all are doing wonderful!
With much love, Lauren.