a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Hardest Part of Ending Is Starting Again.






Peter Pan Polka Dot Blouse: Thrifted.
Red Skirt: Thrifted.
Cat Eye Sunglasses: Thrifted.
Frilly Socks: Mine from when I was a little girl.
Brown Heels: Thrifted.
Pearl Clip Earrings: Thrifted.


Hello everyone!
Firstly, I just want to take the time to truly thank all of you who commented on my last post and gave me such comforting words. You have no idea how much it means to me to have all of your support and friendship in this rough patch I am going through. Although I'm still battling through this hard time, I have had a few incredible things happen that have truly brightened my mood...

The first is that I am SO honored to now be a TeenVogue fashion click blogger! I didn't think I would ever get accepted when I filled out an application, and I was in such disbelief when I got an email stating I was accepted Eeeps!


Secondly, I was out just trying to clear my head yesterday, and what better way to do that than heading to a thrift store? I can't remember how long I've been searching for a peter pan blouse, and yesterday was the day I finally found one! (And for only $2) It's the one I'm wearing in the pictures and it is truly perfect. It has a little red polka dot print and is accented with adorable red buttons and lace rick rack. So stinkin' adorable!


Thirdly, it's amazing how much nice weather can brighten a dark mood. It hit 50 today and it was so pleasurable to go out to a local park and take these outfit pictures today. It reminded how much fun it is to actually take blog pictures when I don't have to fight the cold and the snow!


Hope you all are doing just lovely. Don't forget to set your clocks forward! Heh.
With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

10 comments

Shady Del Knight said...

You look gorgeous in red, Lauren, and it's great to see you smiling again. Spring's almost here!

Sofi Moukidou said...

omg! you look amazing! love every piece of this outfit!
congrats for the teenage vogue! you are so lucky!
kisses!

None said...

Congratulations on being accepted by Teen Vogue! I am not surprised - I honestly have NEVER seen any teenager with more style, taste, and elegance than you.

Me said...

Congrats for being accepted by teen vogue!! Thats HUGE!!! And I love your outfit as always.

stacysaddleshoes said...

you could not look any cuter.so 50's but a look that works for today.the top is so girly and sweet and I love the skirt.those little white bobby socks are adorable with those shoes on you.bet people loved you in this.I think you might need some saddle shoes like me :)

The Semi Sweet said...

I'm sorry to hear about your rough patch, but I hope you feel happier soon. I'm sure the Teen Vogue acceptance was a pleasant surprise. Congratulations.

Your outfit is super cute by the way. That is such a fun blouse!

Love, Trixie said...

Congrats girl! That's so exciting :) :) and you absolutely stunning in these photos! So chic and red it totally your color.

Plus I have a Bug too, so yay for that :)
xx

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

that's so great about teenvogue! what do you have to do for them?

I love your shirt soooo much and it is so pretty with this skirt!!!

Jane Alisa said...

Such a sweet outfit, I love the peter pan collar. xoxo

Danielle Tiguelo said...

Such a sweet outfit, I love the peter pan collar. xoxo

Blogger Template by pipdig