a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, March 4, 2011

An Improbable Romance.









Floral Peter Pan Collar Dress: Thrifted.
Pearl Earrings: Thrifted.
Tan Clogs: Target.
Pearl Necklace: Gift from my grandmother.
Flower Pin: Taken off of a thrifted 1960's wedding dress.


Hello everyone!

A few weeks back I actually thrifted this lovely floral dress for just a few dollars, and have now just gotten around to wearing it. I was perplexed at first on how to style it because I wanted it to have a very vintage feel to it, but I was cautious because this dress can easily make me look much, much older (in a bad way) if it isn't styled correctly. I figured the best way to go was in all out vintage with the accessories and hair.


I was quite proud of the hairstyle I did. I watched a wonderful tutorial from Casey's Elegant Musings on how to do a romantic, braided updo. I was skeptical because it looked complicated and not to mention I am absolutely horrid at doing my own hair, but it was a surprisingly easy style to do!


Hope you all are doing lovely...
With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

12 comments

Amber Schmidt said...

Your beauty is simply breathtaking, darling! Your style is such an inspiration!

Anyhow, I hope that you have a lovely weekend. Talk soon,

Amber Rose

Melanie's Randomness said...

Your dress is absolutely beautiful!!

Amber Schmidt said...

I had to creep back over to your blog to comment on your comment.

"It's almost like you're reading a person's soul when you read something they have written that is so personal."

THAT is exactly what I feel about letters. Just perfection.

The Semi Sweet said...

That is such a romantic dress. And the way you styled your hair is amazing! I'm a hotmess when it comes to styling my own hair so I'll have to look up some of the tutorials and just try them.

JordanMayTwigs said...

This outfit looks like something out of the Notebook.
:D

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

Kate said...

wow i was looking through your blog, and i just thought we must be soul sisters. my style icons are the same as yours. sorry if i sound mental or something, its just surprising to know someone else likes the things i like

April said...

Wow. Your hair looks great!!

Carys said...

Beautiful outfit, and the scenery suits it perfectly!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

OrigamiGirl said...

The dress looks amazing! You look very different with that hairstyle though! Its weird how you can look like a different person with a change of hairstyle.
Very sophisticated and awesome background.

Miranda said...

First off, thank you so much for your comment! It was so nice, and I feel the same way about you and your blog! This dress is beautiful, you styled it perfectly, and your hair looks amazing :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

you did a great job with the hairstyle and it is classy and gorgeous and I love this dress on you toO!!!!!!

Melanie♥♥♥ said...

Amazing! I love this! You styled it greatly!

Blogger Template by pipdig