a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Va-Va-Voom!








1950's Velvet and Satin Wiggle Dress: Thrifted.
Black Stilettos: Burlington.

Hello everyone!

So, I had big elaborate plans to shot this outfit today in a beautiful forest and wear a vintage hat that I wore to school today, BUT... Ohio likes to play mean little tricks on me and send down quarter sized hail, severe thunderstorm warnings, and a tornado watch. My plans of a whimsical photoshot were pretty much thwarted after that. So, I had to take these photos in the span of two minutes in my front yard before it started to pour down rain. When I got inside to edit the pictures, I was dissatisfied that they were so dark because of the impending storm. No matter! Black and white always saves the day :)

I've had this dress since October and actually have only worn it once although I absolutely love it. Right after I wore this dress for the first time, the zipper broke and I just now got around to having it fixed. I've really missed this dress though and I'm disappointed with the poor quality photos because they truly don't do this gorgeous dress any justice! The bodice is velvet and the skirt is a beautiful satin material. There is an adorable little satin bow adorning the waist that is just the perfect little detail. Perhaps I'll get to wear this dress on a nicer day and show you all how beautiful it truly is!

Hope you all are doing just lovely! I know I am doing much better....
With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

7 comments

Mila said...

Even though you think these photos aren't good, I think they're gorgeous and the dress is gorgeous as well! We also had the gigantic storm complete with tornadoes last night...yikes! Whenever my photos aren't looking the way I want them to, I switch them to black and white too, haha. I'm glad to hear that you're doing better!!:)

xoxo

April said...

VA VA VOOM INDEED! Hot stuff ;)

Sandy said...

Sexy! The black and white colors actually fits the mood of this shoot. I really like your top! It seems very fitted and comfortable on you!

<3
Sandy

OrigamiGirl said...

I think photos in a storm could look pretty epic! I am always jealous of how America gets proper storms where you can see the lightning.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

you look beautiful in it. glad you got the zipper fixed!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous dress, and you look amazing! I think the B&W looks good too...always adds atmosphere :)

Unknown said...

You are such a dead ringer for Katharine Hepburn in these photos! You are truly a timeless, classic beauty, Lauren :) What an amazing dress for an amazing young woman!

Blogger Template by pipdig