a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Great Gatsby.

100_6930

100_6920

100_6942

100_6936

100_6916

100_6983

100_6946

100_6918

100_6959

100_6945

100_6964

100_6913
Beaded gown, 1930's hat, jewelery: Thrifted.

Well hello everyone!
At school we recently read the novel The Great Gatsby which is based during the 1920's. So, after the junior class reads the novel we have a 'Great Gatsby' dress up day party where everyone wears 1920's costumes and we eat all sorts of delicious food at lunch!

I've been waiting for this party since my freshman year... I thrifted this dress as a freshman at one of my local thrift stores, and was originally going to wear it as my prom dress. However, because the entire dress is beaded it could not be taken in to fit me better since the dress is actually a large. So, about a year ago I decided I would wear this dress as my Gatsby dress since it looked rather 1920's inspired. I think it worked out perfectly!

I rolled my hair in foam rollers last night and slept in them to get my spirals, and I even wore fake eyelashes for today! Ah, I totally wish I could dress this glamorously everyday. What a dream that would be...

With much love, Lauren.

P.S. Tomorrow is Matt's grad party and Sunday he graduates! Yelp, I can't believe all of this is finally here... I'll make sure to take some pictures for you all!
SHARE:

10 comments

b.outlandish said...

Lovely.

Sara said...

omg we read the great gatsby in english too and i loved it! wonderful dress :)

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

The Semi Sweet said...

I wish my school had a party like that after read The Great Gatsby. Oh well. You look smashing and fantastic! That dress is amazing!

Carys said...

Your hair looks amazing, you are just so pretty!! I love that dress too!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Kezzie said...

Love your look! As always,you put together the most perfect look! The dress and head band are sensational! I had to dress up for a Great Gatsby party a couple of years ago- we played in a manor house and it was a theatre music piece (mini orchestra)with narrator and dancer based on the Great Gatsby! I wore things of a similar ilk but sadly not as fab as yours!

I think I may have just commented on someone from your school's blog! She was from Ohio and talking about a Great Gatsby event at school too!

Mary said...

Lauren, you are absolutely the epitome of 20's glamor in this dress! I adore how you've accessorized it-- you look so fabulous! I bet you were the hit of the party :)

Maria Elyse said...

You look absolutely fabulous! Love, love, love your whole ensemble! Haha, aren't foam curlers the best? They sadly don't work on me anymore, but they did when I was little. :)

xoxo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

Unknown said...

Haha, I'm sure you outclassed everyone there! Not that it's a contest... but if it is, you definitely won :P

when BABI speaks said...

i love that pretty dress!!!

www.whenbabispeaks.com

Midwest Muse said...

This is beautiful.

Blogger Template by pipdig