a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fragility.















Floral Skirt, Tan Heels: Thrifted.
Pale Pink Blouse, Socks, Ring: Forever21.

Sometimes I wonder what mark I will leave on the world, if any at all. My life is a fragile piece of glass, waiting to be shattered and tossed into a million tiny shards. I wonder if when I'm broken, anyone will care to pick the pieces up and put me back together...

I try to live my life to the fullest so as to calm my always distressing mind. It's always distressing because I'm always in doubt about if the way I'm living is right. I'm just afraid of looking back when I'm 80 years old and wishing I was still 18 with all of the time left in the world. I'm afraid of thinking to myself years and year from now, " why didn't I just take that leap of faith...?"

I realize how fragile I am, yet at times I wish I wasn't delicate. I wish I was fearless and bold and could do anything and everything I ever dreamed... Perhaps now I can't satisfy my yearning soul, but I hope to someday

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

17 comments

Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

I love the top, especially the sleeves, it's gorgeous! You are such a sweet, intelligent, thoughtful person, I am sure you will leave a wonderful mark on the world <3

Jana K said...

Lovely outfit.

I understand how you feel. Life is so short and I always feel as if I've missed so many chances to change already. And also...(not tryin to be preachy.) I don't know if you are a christian, but God will satisfy your soul. and if you engage in him, he will show you where you need to be, and what you need to do.

Thanks for being inspiring :)

Angelica said...

I love everything! The colors are so great!

claire said...

I love this outfit! And don't worry I am sure that you will make a good mark on this world :)
xxx
treschiccs.blogspot.com

Shady Del Knight said...

Lauren wrote:

<< I wish I wasn't delicate. I wish I was fearless and bold and could do anything and everything I ever dreamed >>

You've given "delicate" a good long run in your life. You've given it a chance. How is it working for you? Why not try the opposite just for a while, just for balance, just to be fair? Employ the principle called "act as if." What if you were the kind of person who IS fearless and bold and could do anything you ever dreamed. How would you look? How would you stand (your posture)? How would you talk? How would you breathe? How would you think? How would you feel? What specific action would you take right now? I've stated this before and it's still true. All you need to do is paint a detailed picture of the kind of life you really want and then step into it. Someone like you is very deserving of it, Lauren!

April said...

You've got to leave marks on individual people. It's the only way to accomplish anything. <3

Anonymous said...

I love how sweet and delicate this all is and the quirky-ness of the heels with socks.

<3 Rachel

Unknown said...

I love this entire outfit, veryy cute :)

Sara said...

you look SO cute lauren! i love the combo!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Stacey Kay said...

I adore these colors together!

Goodwill Huntingg

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...but everything you do moulds your life...so being bold isn't everything. I reckon you'll look back at 80 and be proud...and have wonderful memories :)
Plus, I love this outfit...so pretty!!!

- said...

I love the way the shirt and skirt fit so well together :) super cute look!

claire said...

love the socks!!

Marissa said...

I love your whole outfit!

Midwest Muse said...

This top is stunning on you!

Unknown said...

You look so feminine and pretty in this outfit. I'm loving that top.
I know what you mean about time and all that. I often feel like I'm going to wake up an old woman and be like, "what happened to all the time?"

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

well, i guess the best advice i can always give is- your time is worth a million bucks, use it wisely, work hard on things you love, but in the time on the rest. you look adorable though, awesome thrifted finds on that top & heels. happy fall : )

Blogger Template by pipdig