Sunday, July 31, 2011
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Friday, July 29, 2011
90's Floral Skirt, Peasant Blouse, Tan Flats, Clip Earrings: All Thrifted.
Not sure if you all remember me mentioning, but the reason I didn't get a chance to post yesterday was because I went and got my senior pictures done!
I've been thinking about my senior pictures for quite some time, and wanted something really special that I would cherish forever. I wanted avoid the studio and have the pictures be very natural and a relfection of who I am as a person. I did a ton of research on different photographers in Ohio, and finally came across the perfect one. Her photography was absolutely stunning and everything I could have ever hoped and dreamed for... Soft, cascading lighting with nature backgrounds and a beautiful romantic feeling. I knew that I had to book a session with her right away!
We travelled two and a half hours away down to a little town called Bainbridge which is almost nearly in Kentucky! We went to this absolutely stunning and magical location and I seriously couldn't have pictured anything better in my own dreams! Although it was over 100 degrees during the two hour shoot, the whole thing went incredible... The photographer was an absolute sweetheart and someone I could relate to, and she gave me above and beyond everything I could have asked for! She was an absolute dream to shoot with.
Oh, and you all are probably wondering what I wore for my shoot! Lace is my favorite fabric to wear, so I decided to go with an all lace theme for my senior pictures to give it sort of a cohesive feeling. My mother and I travelled down to Mt. Vernon, Ohio to go vintage clothing shopping a few weeks ago, and I found the perfect vintage dresses to wear (and trust me, it's been awful keeping them a secret from you all!). My first dress I wore was a crimson lace 1950's party dress with a cinched waist,a very full skirt, and a scalloped collar. The second dress I wore was a sleeveless prom dress from 1949 that had a bodice of lace that reached up along my neck, and then the bottom part was a beautiful pleated skirt. The third and final dress I wore actually wasn't vintage, but from Forever21. It was a little peach lace dress with 3/4 length sleeves and a darling peter pan collar! I don't think I could have picked out any three dresses I would have loved more...
The only bad part about getting my senior pictures done is that I have to wait three weeks until I'll be able to see them! I am seriously going to have the absolute toughest time waiting on them, and as soon as I get them I'll make sure to show all of you, too! :D
Hope you all are doing lovely and happy Friday!
With much love, Lauren.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
High Waisted Denim Shorts, Tan Purse, Wedges: Thrifted.
Floral Blouse, Black Belt: Forever21.
Velvet Hair Bow: Stolen from my sister.
So last night unexpectedly I was called into work for the first time! It was a real learning experience and working in a restaurant is a lot harder than I expected... I have so much more respect for restaurant workers! I was also so surprised at how rude most people are. I know that it's my job to serve the customer and make them happy, however, people treated me like absolute dirt!
I had one lady yell at me and make a big scene because the area one of the other hostesses picked out for her she didn't like. She ended up apologizing, but I could tell it was just because her two sons felt bad for me and were embarrassed that she has caused such a scene! This other rude customer yanked the menu out of my hand when I tried to open it and give it to him when seating him and his wife. It's Cheddar's policy to open the menu, but apparently he didn't want me to! He nastily said to me, " I can open my own menu, thanks!" Golly, he was mean.
I knew before hand though that I would have to deal with difficult customers, but I guess I just didn't think it would be so common. However, I try not to take it personally because I don't know what it going on in that person's life. You know what I always say? Kill them with kindness and a warm hearted smile ❤
With much love, Lauren.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
For the whole summer I've been collecting snapshots of my everyday life...You know; a little bit of this and a little bit of that! Here's what all my summer has entailed so far (in order of picture...)
1. A delicious smelling chocolate mask! It may look silly, but it felt so wonderful :D
2. My purchases from yesterday with gift cards: A 100 pallet eyeshadow kit ($10, Target) and a new book to read ($10, B&N).
3. Beautiful vintage jewelry from a vintage market I went to in June.
4. When at the local nature center, I snapped this perfect shot of a bee going into a flower!
5. Mmm, delightful and delicious looking cupcakes from the cupcake shop in Mt. Vernon, Ohio! Sadly though I didn't get one because I had just had my wisdom teeth out :(
6. Two of the lipsticks I ordered from Apothica with a $25 gift card I won from Mary's blog.
7. A picture of me and my sister on the 4th of July at the highest point in my county!
8. The biggest strawberry I've ever seen!! Golly, I love summer fruit, hehe.
9. Some pretty pins I loved from the vintage market.
10. Three new thrift purchases from today. A 90's skirt, a 90's pair of high waisted denim shorts, and a 50's inspired classic black dress ($1 for each item, $3 total).
11. An adorable Lady bug cookie for my little sister that I had to take a picture of!
12. A beautiful lilac colored thistle field I spotted when at the lake with my family
13. More beautiful necklaces (that I sadly could not afford!).
14. The all natural beautiful view of Ohio from hill top :)
Hope you all are doing lovely!
With much love, Lauren.
P.S. I actually got called into work tonight unexpectantly! It was fun, but so tiring... Tell you all about it tomorrow!