a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Golden Hour.


1960's Dress: Thrifted.
Red Gavina Heels: Blowfish.
Bow Headband: Claire's.
Clutch: Plato's Closet.

These photos were taken yesterday at the golden hour. I'm usually too impatient to wait for that 'perfect' time of day to take pictures, but yesterday when I got home from work I thought I'd give it a go. There's a strange peace at this time of the day in the summer. The sun isn't blazing hot down on your back, but yet you feel comfortably warm. The sky starts to turn beautiful watercolor like shades and every few steps you take you can see a firefly or two.

Since I've never really shot at the golden hour, I definitely have a hard time getting the lighting to be all the homogenous. Some of these turned out ridiculously washed out and hazy, others vibrant and sun beam filled. Oh well. Even though they're both totally different they're each beautiful in their own way

I had my doctor's appointment today which went well. Although I'd like to try to work personally through these demons I have, I feel as though I've been struggling for years (admittedly) with no real progress. The doctor seemed to think so, as well, and I could certainty see the fear in his eyes when I told him about my suicidal thoughts (not that I would ever do anything, but still that they're there). My OCD medication that I've been on is supposed to aid depression and anxiety, as well, but obviously hasn't been doing a stellar job. He suggested that I try a different medicine, and a stronger dosage. I'm signed up to start going to therapy sessions again which always helps tremendously...not to mention you can bet your little fashionable booties I'll be taking advantage of the mental health councilors on the Kent campus. Things are looking up.

Today was a wonderful day because I donned a pretty, new, pastel frock I bought super on sale at ASOS. Not only was I dressed fancy smancy, but I went and saw the Katy Perry: Part of Me movie which was superb! Laugh and giggle at me all you'd like, but I love inspirational movies like that. They inspire me to go after my dreams.

Hope you all are doing swellers (is that even a word? didn't think so; I'm really weird tonight).

With much love, Lauren,
SHARE:

13 comments

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you smiling again, Lauren! You have such a beautiful smile.

marcia said...

these are so utterly gorgeous, Lauren!

Eva said...

Your outfit is amazing! I am so in love with your dress. Your lipstick looks amazing too!! I hope the new medication works well! I'm glad you're getting better!!!!

Love your blog!!! Happy summer!!
xx Eva
stylewandering.blogspot.com

Frugal Faye said...

What a lovely summer ensemble...I love the effect of the Golden Hour on your photos...these are some of my favorites. Glad you are feeling better!

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

Glad your doctors appointment went well. These photos are so lovely. Beautiful lighting and it looks so peaceful.
Carlee

http://almostendearing.blogspot.com/

Georgia said...

You look stunning in that dress, the pattern is beautiful!! The lighting i the photo's is lovely as well!

xx

georgexoxo.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

hooray to things looking up! :) nice word invention (swellers). these photos remind me of snow white. that's a definite compliment.

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

Well done Lauren! Proud of ya! And the photos are beautiful!!
And I too went to see Katy's film. After I saw it I was transformed into a katy fan!! She is such an inspiration and its one of those films I need to buy so I can watch it all the time as inspiration.

Inês de Castro said...

I love the blue and red combo :) I hop you'll feel better!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos, the light is amazing. I absolutely love your shoes.

Xenia xox

Katherine said...

glad your doctors appointment went well! seriously i hope it all gets better soon and that a new medication helps.

these photos are beautiful. i love your red heels and your pretty dress - you look stunning.

<3 katherine
current giveaway on of corgis & cocktails

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear things are looking up for you!
The lighting in these pictures is definitely beautiful. I'm usually too impatient to wait for this time of the day to take pictures. I really love how summery and cute this outfit is. Your dress is a fantastic color and the red lipstick looks awesome with it.

Anonymous said...

look da massaia rumena !!!!

Blogger Template by pipdig