a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, July 20, 2012

Perfect Plaid Pastel Dress.

Pastel Plaid Dress: ASOS.
T-Strap Heels, White Vintage Purse, Silver Pendant Necklace: Thrifted.
Hair Bow: Modcloth.


This is my new favorite dress ever. In the whole wide world. No exceptions.

I got it super on sale from ASOS; a site I've never ordered from before but am certainly quite pleased with. It's the prettiest colors all mixed together, perfect length, perfect shape, and not to mention will be so much fun to remix. This little ditty do is certainly coming with me to Kent!

I've been thinking about high school a lot lately. How I somewhat miss it (never thought I'd say that). I don't really think it's actually high school I miss, but more so the idea of it. The safety, security, and familiarity that it brings. The doctor and my parents think that one reason my depression had a sudden turn for the worse is the subconscious fear of everything that's going on right now. Moving away, starting school, needing to make friends. It's all been things that I know I need to face because they're coming up soon, but I've just sort of pushed them to the back of my mind.

The past twelve years have been easy for me. I didn't have to worry about much during the summer going into the fall because I was always at the same place with the same people. I think the most I ever worried was the summer of eighth grade going into high school. I remember calling my best friends (at the time) and talking for hours what high school was going to be like and what we were going to wear and who we were going to date...I remember being so fretful but so excited at the same time.

I sort of feel that way now. Time ten.

There's a lot I'm scared for about college but a lot I'm excited for, too. I'm always scared of taking chances because I don't want things to turn out badly. Prime and most pathetic example; I always get the same thing when I got out to eat because I'm afraid of not liking a new dish and then having my trip and money be wasted.

The same thing goes for school. I can find out that I don't like Kent, spent all that time and money which is wasted, only to find that I want to go back to square one which is familiar and safe. But I don't want to spend the rest of my life getting chicken fingers (Okay, and going away for college). I want to maybe be scared and take a chance. For once I just want to live instead of live on the sidelines.

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

23 comments

Jess said...

Lauren, you are such a wonderful, vibrant person and you are going to have no trouble at all making friends! I think you'll have a blast at college <3
by the way, i love your hair in this shoot! I'm going to have to try something similar...

marcia said...

best dress ever! the end. and it is gorgeous on you, dear!

Mandy said...

You are seriously beautiful. What a lovely dress.

Ester R. said...

the place, the dress, the photos and you look amazing! <3

Anonymous said...

you are so pretty, the plaid looks amazing on you, asos is a wonderful place :) i'm sure everyone will be super lovely at college, but i wish you all the best, you're amazing.
X jane

http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

Nerd Burger said...

One of my favorite outfits ever. I love the nails as well. :)

Charmaine said...

"I don't want to spend my life getting chicken fingers." - best line I have read in a long time. That dress is utter perfection. I am lime green with envy! Looks so nice on you, girl!

Georgia said...

Amazing dress!! Your lipstick and hair look lovely as well! Dreamy photos... Would love it if you could stop by @ georgexoxo.blogspot.com

xx

Jul said...

Changing is scary but it's also what life is all about, isn't it? You grow up, you change school, you get a job...It's the natural course of events but it's also frightening.
Anyway, you look gorgeous, darling. I spotted this dress too on Asos and I fell in love with it but I eventually didn't buy it because I was afraid it could be too short for me...oh how I regret it.
Anyway, the whole outfit is perfect, from your hair to your adorable shoes.

Life is a romantic poem

Unknown said...

You have such beautiful hair Lauren! :-) I love how you style it! Cute dress too, I'm always up for something plaid! Hehe.

Emily said...

This is absolutely beautiful Lauren! I love the colors, it's such a spring-y type dress:) And the photos are gorgeous, I love when you to photos by the pond/lake.
<3

Anonymous said...

Cute dress! Hey- stop with the negative thinking again. Replace I'm afraid of things turning out badly" with "Things are going to be just fine". Worry is the biggest waste of time because you invested a lot of negativity into something not even really happening or real. Invest everything you have into smiling, positive thoughts, creativity and love.
Be Positive.
Keep It Real.

Satin and Souffles said...

You look gorgeous! That dress is beautiful! You will do fine in college I'm sure! xx

www.satinandsouffles.com
www.satinandsouffles.com

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

You look sooooo lovely in this pretty pastel dress! I love the shoes with it too!

Unknown said...

If every girl looked like you...

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

Hey Lauren,

I've been reading your posts over the past couple of days and trying to work out exactly what I want to say to you. I even thought about emailing you but I figure you have loads of people concerned about you at the moment and I didn't want you to feel pressured to respond.

I suffered from pretty severe depression and anxiety from my teenage years and reading about your struggle has really brought back how terrifying and difficult that period of my life was. I think you are an amazing role model to young women who are going through similar situations. The fact you are actively seeking help is really admirable (in my case it took some serious convincing by my friends and family). It's a long road to recovery, one that I am still walking, but you've got a fantastic support system, so many people who love and admire you, and your own personal strength to pull you through and I have no doubt that you'll be successful in anything you want to do.

I think the thing that has helped me most over the years is choosing where to concentrate my energy. I used to spend so much time angry at what happened to me, angry at the people and the reasons that caused my anxiety. I would focus all my energy on the things I didn't like, and forget that there is so much beauty in the world. Now when I am upset, when I can feel myself falling down that whole again I force myself out of it. I go for a walk with the dogs, I have a bath (and if I'm really depressed I watch a girly movie while I am in it), I call my best friends, who lives in a different city and plan a day with her, even if it never actually happens. Moving to college is going to be difficult, I'm not gonna lie, there are going to be days when you just don't want to get out of bed (and not having your parents there to pull the covers off and tell you to get on with it makes it even harder) but finding just one little thing in your day that you enjoy can make such a difference. If you wake up depressed then, no matter what else you have to do, make time for something you really enjoy. Even if it is only 5 minutes sitting on a bench under a pretty tree.

I really hope you get the help you need to make your transition to college as easy as possible, and if you would ever like someone to talk to I (along with all your other blog readers) are here for you.

Alice xo

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous dress! You look absolutely lovely.

Preparing for college is such an exciting time, enjoy it, okay!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

I love what Alice said.

Also, I think you don't give yourself enough credit, Lauren. Anyone would want to be friends with you. And especially in your fashion classes, everyone will be so eager to be friends with the best-dressed girl in the room. Seriously!

And, like Alice said, the most important thing is to do what makes you happy. You might have a million pages to write, a zillion pages to read, five meetings to attend--but if you feel like you need a break, take a break. Walk, knit, read for pleasure, read blogs, whatever! Just make sure you don't pressure yourself to do what you're "supposed" to do. That's been the most important lesson for me in college. Well-being always comes first.

Lots of love,
Mary

Katie Burry said...

What a pretty dress! I love how you styled it, too. ♥

I'll be praying for you, but I know everything will go great this autumn. ;)

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

such a lovely dress, wanna follow each other? :)





chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Aw it's definitely a super cute dress! I love the colors in it. Your hair looks so pretty styled like that too.

Ulia Ali said...

I will tell you a secret that no one knows yet :P I am going to study this fall again! It will be my second education, but I am still worried about everything :) I am sure you will be loved by everyone!

Btw my last look is in your style :) I think that dress would suit you too ;)

Telma Fernandes said...

Lovely blog. I´m following via GFC.

These are my links:

http://sweet-cherry-bomb.blogspot.com/

http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3418471/sweet-cherry

If you like what you see feel free to follow me back.

xoxo,

Telma.

Blogger Template by pipdig