a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It Just Takes Some Time.

Cream Knitted Poncho, Mockneck, Slouchy Beanie: Thrifted.
Nude Mini Skirt: c/o OASAP.
Straw Wedges: Lulu's.
Straw Clutch: Plato's Closet.

Hello everyone!
Most of my wardrobe is packed up in taped boxes so I'm pretty limited to clothing that is;

a) winter.
b) too short/ too big
c) something I don't like.

And thus, this outfit was created! I love my poncho to death and thankfully it was a cooler day here so I could sport it. Again, it was a wonderful cover for my poison ivy ;) This skirt I love but it's so.darn.short. Every time I wear it I feel like I'm mooning half the country. Probably a good thing I'm not taking it to Kent...

I was on Maggie's blog last night and she did a post with various quotes that I absolutely fell in love with. Here are a few of my favorites that have been inspiring me and helping me out through this time.

"In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it."

"Maybe him leaving was a good thing. Maybe God knew you wouldn't be able to walk away yourself."

"I believe you can still love someone without liking them. You love them for the person they were when they were with you, and how they made you feel at one point. You can still love them, and you might always. But you can still not like them, their personality might have changed. They might have gone the wrong way, they might have lost themselves. Or, they might have just given up on you. Or everything the believed in before. It can happen."

And one I made up:

"You've lost all my respect, lost all of my trust, and most importantly; you've lost all of the person who used to care the world about you."

Hope you all are doing well!
With much love, Lauren,
SHARE:

16 comments

Katie Burry said...

Oh my goodness! I can completely relate wit the last post and the one you made up! Thanks for sharing!

I can't wait to talk to you tomorrow! Eep! :D

Katherine said...

hey - you never know what a short skirt can get you ;D no, but just kidding. you don't want that at all - especially since kent is full girls in short skirts on certain nights.

and you made one cute outfit with just what isn't packed up! it was so hard to pack for my dorm because it was so small. i love this poncho too - so beautiful.

i'm glad you are starting to feel better! i'm excited for you to start college because it is going to make it so much better because you are going to be SO distracted.

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

Teddi said...

lauren, your outfit is darling! i like it so much. sometimes be limited definitely forces us to be more creative. those are great quotes. i like how you were honest about the mary kay review below too. :)

Camille said...

Lauren, you're outfit is so pretty! I actually really like you're skirt even if it is pretty short! I love all of the pretty quotes that you shared with us. I love reading quotes!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Shey said...

Lauren you look so beautiful when you smile, wish you the best on your trip to college, I'm sure you'll meet someone wonderful. My favorite quote is the one about God knowing that you wouldn't walk away, that happened to me, things ended and I didn't wanted them to end, but deep in my heart I know it was for the best, because he too was a jerk and doesn't deserve a single tear.

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

You are so beautiful and I love that poncho. You are always so darling. I hope the poison ivy gets better!
Carlee
Almost Endearing

Unknown said...

You look so lovely, dear! I really think that the second last one is so true. You really can love someone without liking them anymore, just because you never really forget how they made you feel. However, times is the best healer, I'm afraid, even though it is so frustrating to hear that sometimes.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Jaslyn said...

Hi Lauren,

I think you have amazing style! It's inspiring seeing all your clothes and it makes me wanna experiment with my own too:)

Love,
Jas

Dancing with Fairies

Unknown said...

Aww you look so cute in your little poncho. You're definitely rocking it! I wish it was cool enough here for some layering. I wore a cardigan yesterday but it was only really worn inside in the air conditioning haha.
I'm also loving how you've laid out your pictures in this post! Very cute!

Jaslyn said...

Hi Lauren,

I think you have amazing style! It's inspiring seeing all your clothes and it makes me wanna experiment with my own too:)

Love,
Jas

Dancing with Fairies

Michelle Elizabeth said...

That first quote really applies to me right now..
thanks lady!
:)

Unknown said...

Those quotes are wonderful, Lauren! Praying for you that you'll be granted great strength during this tough time. <3

Georgia said...

Lovely quotes!! You look lovely Lauren, your cape is gorgeous!

xo

georgexoxo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You look like a character from a fairytale Lauren! And those are a beautiful, and inspiring, selection of quotes

xx carina

Anders E said...

Truly charming outfit!

thecottagediaries said...

Love the outfit, very cute and romantic. I can really relate to the quotes too!

X
Molly
thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

Blogger Template by pipdig