a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, September 28, 2012

Sometimes Love Is Not Enough.

Grey Dress (worn underneath): Modcloth.
Cameo Necklace: Gift from my grandmother.
Spiked Heels: TJ Maxx.

I left all my pretty/fancy dresses at home which has really been bumming me out lately. I'm craving to dress super retro and feminine but none of the dresses I packed are much of those characteristics. So, thrilled was I when I received this Eshakti dress in the mail. Eeee, it screams retro 60's perfection! I did a bit of a beehive bump with my hair and more eyeliner for that 1960's look. I've been listening to Lana Del Rey so much lately (hence the title of this post) that it's no wonder I'm head over heels for that period right now!

This dress is made of a sturdy jacquard material that I found was structural but still moved well. It made twirling for these pictures quite fun, heh. And of course, a selling point for me is any dress that has pockets. Literally the perfect dress that I'm so blessed to have in my closet♥

I have a fairly exciting weekend ahead of me. Tomorrow morning I'm going thrift shopping with Jessica, and then in the afternoon my parents, sister, and grandmother are coming up to Kent to spend the day! On Sunday I'm going to see Perks of Being a Wallflower with Erin, and then by that time the weekend will be over. Hope it's a swell one :)

Have a lovely weekend you gals!

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

20 comments

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

Sounds like you have a super fun weekend planned. I am so jealous. Mine is mostly filled with homework! I am loving that dress and with pockets!!! so great
Carlee
Almost Endearing

marcia said...

you are ever-so-lovely as always!

Mary said...

This is an awesome outfit. The sleeves underneath really make it extra special. You're so talented. The fashion world will be lucky to have you.

Teddi said...

pretty lady, pretty outfit!

Karen said...

Gorgeous dress and the sleeves add an extra punch of awesome. Found you via RubyGirl.

Anonymous said...

i really love your dress. :)Irene Wibowo

Charlotta, Afternoon Apparel said...

What a beautiful dress! Suits you perfectly xo

Rachel said...

Wow love that dress! And by the way i love your eyebrows... so Sophia Loren!

claire said...

so jealous that you're seeing perks! my mom wouldn't let me road trip with a friend to go see it so i have to wait until next friday! i hope its good! also i'm obsessed with your shoes, they're so sassy! xxx
treclaire.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That dress is so lovely! It certainly looks fun to twirl in!

Hope that you had a blast thrifting! You will have to let me know how Perks is - I just read it for the first time for my Young Adult Lit class, but I wasn't that big of fan. I think I'll like the movie a whole lot more because you'll really get a better feel for the characters.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Charmaine said...

LAUREN, you look STUNNING in these photos!! I think my jaw dropped a little - this is one of the best outfits I've seen yet!

Conny said...

You look ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! i am so in LOVE with the style of the dress and your whole look :)

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely stunning in this outfit. I love how you are looking and it totally reminds me of late 60s films!!! Beautiful. Great heels too.
+Victoria+

Jeannee said...

Love this dress on you -and the background is equally exquisite! Mebbe when ur family travels up they can bring some clothes ...? I am so, so grateful that you have Jessica to go out w/ and 'find a bargain'! such a wonderful friend!!!

Anonymous said...

woww lauren this has to be one of the best outfits i ever seen from you. you got a extrodinary taste but this one is soo well put together the mix is ravishing you look gorgeous :D

Midwest Muse said...

This dress is great on you. I love how classy you dress for a girl of your age. Also congrats on taking photos on campus! You are getting brave and hopefully next time we can hang out longer.

ALSO where in Kent/Akron are you seeing Perks? I heard it was only playing in Cleveland.

Mihaela said...

I'm in love with your dress!!
And this look is perfect for you!

Rachel said...

You look so gorgeous! I really like the dresses on EShakti's website, I"m hoping to try one someday!

Ashe @ Ash in Fashion said...

The way you've layered the two dresses is perfect-- it looks like you're wearing some fabulous vintage, 60s mod frock.

Unknown said...

Aw it's such a lovely dress! The silhouette is perfect. I really love the cameo necklace paired with it and those amazing studded heels. I wish I had a pair of heels like that to wear on my birthday!

Blogger Template by pipdig