a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, August 19, 2013

Skeleton Keys.

Denim Shirt, Key Skirt: Target.
Red Hair Bow Headband: Forever21.
Studded Boots: c/o Lulu*s.

HELLO!
Gosh, what an absence that was! It feels very good to be back, talking to you all and blogging again. It should have come to my mind that working at a (teen) retail store during the weeks before school would be crazy and I should have been prepared. Nope! Didn't even cross my mind. Poor Aeropostale has been swamped the past few weeks with people back to school shopping and I've been working every day making up for the lost employees going back to college + high school. I would have to say this time has been so rewarding even though everyday is busy. To help these young girls and women that come into the store is so inspiring. I don't just fold t-shirts, I don't just check people out. I get to help people find what they feel confident and beautiful in and make their days a little bit brighter. My job has been the biggest blessing to me this summer just to get hands on retail experience and to be able to help others through my passion. This week before I go back to school continues to be crazy with working every day, but I am going to try my hardest to at least write if I can't take photos!

I have a lot of feelings and emotions to document right now through this turbulent time of going back to college for the second year and all of the baggage that comes along from leaving your home town. A place where I've found myself comfortable and safe in again, so it's always hard (and scary) to readjust to putting myself in more awkward social situations and interactions, as well as, being on my own without family. So hopefully I get to write about some of these feelings I'm having and help any of you who are going through the same thing :)

Hope you all had a terrific weekend full of joy and happiness. x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

11 comments

Lauren said...

Gosh you're so beautiful. That smile! I love seeing you happy. :3 When do you go back? I fly on the 27th, but classes don't start until September 2nd.

Anonymous said...

Hello from switzerland lovely. It's Kezzie though I can't log in as blogger has gone German on me! I'm glad you're feeling so positive abt aero and good luck for your return to school. Thanks for sweet message x

bashashhazbaz said...

you look so very pretty!

Vicki said...

You look absolutely lovely, Lauren! And I love your outfit--that skirt is darling!
Best of luck with heading back to school!


~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Marnie said...

You are looking extra beautiful in these shots. You're actually radiating x

Sammi said...

You're looking gorgeous (love your hair like this), and these boots are great on you!! We're so alike in the sense that we put everything we have into things we care about and jobs we enjoy, and it's wonderful that you get so much out of it, as well! Yayyyy back to school -- I miss college!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That's awesome that you love your job so much! And seriously I love that ribbon in your hair!

Unknown said...

You look darling, I love the bow in your hair! Good luck with going back to school!
Amia
www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE this skirt - the print is just perfect! Good luck as you make your way back to school, hon!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your little red bow is so perfect!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Unknown said...

I know I'm late seeing this post but you look sooo cute! I'm kind of in love with your big red bow and that key print skirt. This outfit makes me wish I had a denim shirt even more than I already do.

Blogger Template by pipdig