a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Revival.

Green Utility Jacket, Boots: Thrifted.
Striped Skater Dress (on sale right now!): c/o Chicnova.
Necklace: Gift from Katie.
Lipstick in Maybelline's Fuchsia Fever.

Hi

Sigh. I had forgotten how beautiful and rejuvenating spring can be. But when you're surrounded by blooming buds and birds chirping, you just can't help but be happy!  As of today, I have two weeks left to live here in Kent. It wouldn't be quite as upsetting to go home for the summer if not for the fact that I won't be returning here until January of next year. 

I picked this place to live--I love my university and all of the people in it. So it'll be hard not to return in the fall and get to experience all the things I love about it here. I'm not looking forward to missing friends and not seeing them...not having the life I really enjoy here.

I know that something even more spectacular awaits me and I chose this, too, but it's still sad for me to have so long until I return back. I'm a mixture of wanting to stay here, wanting to go home, and wanting to be in Italy. What I know I should be doing right now isn't fretting over all the places my 'home' will change to be in the next year...it should simply be taking each day by itself and enjoying it in its own way :)

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

6 comments

ensembledeux said...

I love this dress and the parka! :)

www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

Katie Selt said...

Gorgeous as always!

I hope you aren't feeling too down about leaving Kent, at least you get to travel to Europe and enjoy Italy.
Just think about the stories you're going to have and the experiences you're going to get. It's going to make it all feel better!



http://www.katielikeme.com

Unknown said...

You're going to have an awesome adventure and you'll be back at your school before you know it. Time starts flying around your age!

Also you look gorgeous! I love that army green jacket and how its ruggedness contrasts with your girly striped dress. The spring blossoms behind you are gorgeous too.

Unknown said...

I have almost the exact same dress (although I got mine at charlotte russe!) I love how you paired it with that olive green jacket. Well, it sounds like you've got a fun and crazy summer ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

beautiful-paul

Alexandra Marie said...

Love the pattern of this dress, and the whole outfit! Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig