a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Last of Florence.

It's been three months since I've been back from my semester abroad living in Florence, Italy. It really is one of the strangest feelings I've ever felt and it's hard to put into words. I don't feel like I ever went. As crazy as that sounds, it truly feels like it was all just one big, crazy dream. I don't understand how four months spent in a foreign country can seem like it was a week-- and that something that only happened three months ago feels like it's been three years.

It is a scary feeling trying to grasp onto these remaining memories and sensations I still have; but not really being able to do anything about them fading away. I was with my friend Haley the other day who went with me to Florence, and neither of us could remember the name of this amazing shop we walked past every day on the way to school. It was something I never thought I would forget-- but our human minds are so fragile. It's sad to forget these little details that were once so vivid to me.

I realized I had never posted these last photos of Florence here on the blog that I took the very last day I was there. For my last day, I went around to all of my favorite places in the city and also climbed the Duomo and the Bell Tower to get overviews of the city. These photos make me so sad-- I wonder if I'll ever be back to do this again someday. But they also make me so happy at the same time. A part of my heart will always belong to Florence and the life I made for myself there. It helped shape me even more into the person I am at this point in my life, and there is nothing sad about that. 

I adore you my Florence ♥ 

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

2 comments

Kezzie said...

Ha, I recognized those views! The belltower was where my husband proposed!
Yes, it is surreal how much you forget of those times abroad. X

Kikabibi said...

Beautiful pictures! I love Florence so much! :-)

www.kikabibi.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig