a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Say Cheese.

Lavender Sweater: c/o Lulu*s (old).
White Blouse: Forever21.
Light Wash Jeans: Aeropostale.
Boater Hat, Pearl Necklace, Pink Loafers: Thrifted.
Camera: Fuji Intax Polaroid Camera.

Hello everyone ♥

Snapped these outfit photos at dusk this evening. Since it got a little cooler this week here in Ohio, I pulled on some of my favorite jeans and did a sweater + blouse combo to keep more snug. Sorry I've been wearing this little boater hat so much lately-- it just has my heart! I've searched for the perfect one for years and now that I have it, it hardly leaves my head (except on windy days when it goes flying, ha). 

I took some 'me' time this evening and went to the thrift store to check things out. A few weeks ago I was there and saw this pretty pink, marbleized cross with a silver Jesus on it that I really liked, but for some reason didn't buy it. It was still there tonight and the more I looked at it, the more I loved it so I decided to buy it. It's not like it was big bucks or anything, just $2.50, but it makes my heart so happy to look at and I'm excited to hang it in my apartment. I also got a maxi floral skirt that's from the 1970's in the most perfect floral print ever! I've owned a lot of floral prints over the years, but this one tops them all. Excited to style it up and show you all soon! 

This morning I spoke on a panel to perspective Kent State Fashion School students about studying away in Italy. It was really nice to encourage others about this and tell them about my personal experience. Although it definitely wasn't perfect, four months out I've begun to recall it fondly and really cherish my memories. Talking about my semester abroad this morning and seeing the excitement on all those faces gave me terrible nostalgia for my time there. But it does excite me to think that NYC in a few weeks (!) is kind of like a second Florence, so I am hoping to do a better job of appreciating/cherishing my time there (no matter how hard things get).

After a long week of various stresses, I settled down tonight with some DQ and tuned into the Bruce Jenner Special that aired. Did you all watch it,too? I commend Bruce so much for her bravery and tenacity to come out as who she is. I cannot imagine living a life knowing you were someone else on the inside. It's a great watch to learn more about the transgender community if you're interested, and also just a very touching moment of a REAL human who has overcome outstanding obstacles. Had me tearing up quite a bit throughout! x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

2 comments

CJ said...

Bruce has asked to still be referred to using male pronouns, for at least the time being.

"At this time, Bruce Jenner has not requested that a new name or pronoun be used, therefore we are respecting his wishes and will continue to refer to Jenner by his current name and with male pronouns. Some transgender people prefer to change their name and/or pronoun quickly. Other transgender people may take more time to decide what name and/or pronoun feels right to them. To be respectful, use the name and/or pronoun requested by the individual."

- GLAAD

SomeoneLikeYou said...

CJ, in the interview Bruce said that after this, it would be his last time as "him" and would henceforth step out as her. His children referred to him as "her" so I find it is acceptable to do so, as well.

Blogger Template by pipdig