a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Friday, June 5, 2015

Next to You.


Embroidered Top: Gap.
Circle Skirt: c/o OASAP.
Brimmed Hat: Brandy Melville.
Loafers: c/o Pink and Pepper.
Lipstick in MAC's "Craving"

Hello everyone!

It is F-R-I-D-A-Y and I couldn't be more excited. This is my first weekend I'll have to actually 'explore' in NYC since two weekends ago I sprained my ankle and then last I flew home for a wedding. I don't really have anything planned in particular: just wandering around because there's so much to see. I might try and go to Smorgasburg in Brooklyn which is a food/vintage market. Some girls at work were talking about it and that sounds right up my alley! Food and clothes: yep. 

Life has has so many funny coincidences lately. While I was taking these pictures in Central Park today, a girl from Kent who I also went to Florence with ran into me! What are the odds? Crazy that we were at the exact place at the exact time in this huge city. And Thursday something even crazier happened. 

My friend Sabrina whose wedding I was in last week was coming to NYC with her family to tour since they're from out of the country. I thought to myself..."wouldn't it be funny if I saw her?" I was on a run for work yesterday and had actually went to the retail store of  instead of their showroom. Luckily, it was only a few numbers down. But when I was going to the right place I looked up and saw Sabrina on a big red tour bus! I honestly couldn't believe it and did a double take before I called up to her. And yes, it really was her! When I think of the odds of that...her being on that tour bus, on that street...with me on that run, with that mistake I made...Absolutely insane. 

Anyways, I'm off to do some relaxing before bed this evening! I just finished up Girlboss yesterday and it was really great. It gave me lots of great advice for succeeding and kicking butt! x

With much love, Lauren. 
SHARE:

3 comments

Unknown said...

I am finally caught up blogs and it looks like you are having such an amazing time in New York! Sorry to hear about your ankle though! No bueno. :( I hope that you have a great time this weekend exploring your new city! This is such an adorable outfit for that sort of thing! :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Tineke said...

Cute hat, love your outfit!
xx Tineke

Kimi, Cotton Cashmere Cat Hair said...

Wow, that is totally crazy! I keep wondering if I'll see someone I know... I'm in NYC this weekend too (actually really close to FIT!) and think it would be cool to run into you, haha! Have so much fun exploring this weekend! I love following your internship adventures. You're a total girlboss!

xo Kimi

Blogger Template by pipdig