a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Feelin Foxy.

Orange Lace Dress (similar & such a good deal! + this one is almost identical): Fig Leaf Boutique.
Cream Poncho (similar): Thrifted. 
Yellow Beret: Target.
Brown Boots (similar): c/o Pink and Pepper (old).


Hi there

Matching the leaves I am in this outfit! If you read my about bio in the toolbar above, a frequently asked question I get is "where do you draw inspiration from?" You can read my answer, but in a nut shell it really is nature. I've always been drawn to nature and the colors, shapes, and textures serve as a continual and every changing sort of real life mood board for me. Sure, pinterst looks of bloggers and seasonal runway shows are definitely thrown in the mix for inspiration; but my favorite outfits I've worn or the ones that hold special meaning are always the ones where I looked to something outside human creation and to the root of it all (pun intended). With stunning colors such as these that we've had this fall in Ohio, sometimes I just can't help myself to blend into my scenery. x

Also, a small side note. My adorable (& so soft!) fox scarf is from a sweet online boutique run by a fellow fashion merchandising major. It's insanely inspiring to see someone in my field developing their career so well + early on, and I am a huge supporter of that! Check out her darling shop with all sorts of unique goods with swell prices.

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

4 comments

Anonymous said...

I love they way you write. I bet you could write for a fashion magazine or website. That would be great.

Madison said...

I have been a big fan of this ensemble combo ever since you posted it on Instagram! Those fall leaves just match so perfectly!
Also, do you use a remote when taking your pictures?
-Madison
www.1minniemuse.blogspot.com

Katie Selt said...

I pin fashion looks like no other but then I take almost no inspiration from them. Maybe from the colors or the poses or the mix of patterns, but I've never seen an outfit on Pinterest that inspired me to dress a certain way, and I think that's when you know you have a personal style and aesthetic.
My inspiration comes from nature, but not in the sense of matching the colors of leaves, but matching the mood. Windy days make me want to dress in long flowing layers. Cold days inspire me to dress in dress in lighter colors to match the color of the bitter cold.

Nature is such a beautiful and ever-changing inspiration.

Also, orange looks fantastic on you!

Katie | katielikeme.com

Unknown said...

That fox scarf! It's so perfect paired with the orange and yellow color scheme going on here. I love the fall shades and how comfy this poncho looks too.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Blogger Template by pipdig