a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Perfect Corduroy Skirt.

Polka Dot Blouse (similar, only $12!): Thrifted.
Corduroy Button Front Skirt (very similar): Thirfted.
Silver Locket Necklace (similar from JCP): Thrifted. 
Hat (similar): c/o OASAP (old).
Lace Up Boots (similar): H&M.

I went back home this weekend to visit my family a little bit, and every time I go home I get so excited to go thrifting. Maybe it's because I've lived in my town so long and so I know the goods spots around & the tricks to getting the best deals, but no place has ever competed with the items I find there. I found this PERFECT skirt for only $2 and I was so happy I thought I might cry. I've been dying for a skirt like this all season, but they usually retail for above $50 or so in various retail stores. LOL. Like I would pay that for a skirt as a broke college student. So when I found this one in a beautiful navy color and just my size I was on cloud 9. Also found a Oscar de la Renta silk nightgown for $.99, a 100% leather tan skirt that is very similar to this one (been wanting one of those super bad too so I was pumped), and lots of other little knick knacks. I seriously need to cut back on my thrifting though...it can get out of hand sometimes. I'll go to just 'causally look' as a break from school work or such and always end up walking away with something. A dollar here and there doesn't seem like much, but it seriously adds up when you go thrifting as much as I do! Must cut back (but lets be honest here I probably won't). *smirks*

With much love, Lauren. 

SHARE:

9 comments

Unknown said...

Your eye makeup is perf.

Isabella said...

That's exactly how I am! I can't leave a thrift store without buying something. But when you find something for cheap that you know retails for 50 bucks elsewhere, you can't let it go. Love this look btw :) so chic

www.indigoritual.com

Madison said...

I couldn't help but read this post and think of myself:) My love for thrifting can easily get out of hand sometimes too and when I have a break from school and homework that is usually where I end up.It truly does add up and with a college students pocketbook that is not always good...LOL! Thanks for sharing your finds and such a lovely ensemble...totally LOVE that skirt!
-Madison
www.1minniemuse.blogspot

overthinker said...

So pretty ! I love that blouse and skirt.

xoxo

Katie Selt said...

That is the most PERFECT skirt! Great find!

Katie | www.katielikeme.com

Ritielle Nunes said...

You are more beautiful every day!

Kezzie said...

Love cordhuroy! I have 3 cordhuroy mini skirts and I wish they were a bit more flowing like this one!x

Unknown said...

Fantastic thrift find! I love it with the polka dot top too. This is making me want to go thrifting asap. Maybe I'll do that when I head home for Thanksgiving!

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Kaili | Weird Wonderful Wanderlust said...

Such a cute outfit! I love that blouse.

Blogger Template by pipdig