The beautiful, classy, sophisticated Lauren Bacall; my style icon! I admire her so much,and I'm very proud to actually be named after her. Her beauty is so effortless and classic, that you can't help to want to be her! Here are some facts about this lovely 1940's starlet..
- Her real name is actually Betty Joan Perske.
- Born in New York City to Jewish immigrants in 1924.
- Lauren's parents divorced when she was only 5 years old.
- She took her mother's maiden name; Bacal, and added an extra L.
- Started modeling at a very young age. Lauren appeared on the cover of Harper's Bazaar in 1943, which launched her acting career.
- Known for her deep, husky voice that set her apart from other actresses.
- Originally went to school to become a dancer; however, decided to persue acting
- Met Humphrey Bogart on the movie set of To Have and Have Not, where they fell in love.
- Lauren married Bogart at only 20 years old,when he was 45.
- Bogart died in 1957 of cancer, and Lauren dated Frank Sinatra after.
- Lauren is still alive today, and received a Honorary Academy award recently at the Inaugural Governors Awards.
Movies/Plays Lauren Bacall Starred In:
- To Have and Have Not (1944)
- The Big Sleep (1946)
- Dark Passage (1947)
- How To Marry A Millionaire (1953)
- Designing Woman (1957)
- Murder On the Orient Express (1974)
- The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996)
"I think that your whole life shows in your face, and you should be proud of that"