- Black Pleated Skirt ($4). You wouldn't think it would be difficult to find a plain, black skirt but it has been! For years (I'm seriously not joking) I have been looking for just a basic black skirt, and have had the worst luck finding one! This one is perfect though. I like the pleats on the front: they give some visual interest!
- Plaid Fitted Skirt ($4). I am head over heels for this skirt. It fits like a glove and is it me or does plaid just fit so well with winter? I don't own many plaid things, but I have a feeling that I'll probably be wearing this skirt a lot around Christmas time. ;)
- Knitted Cream Poncho ($1). Since the beginning of fall I have strangely been coveting a poncho. It's funny because I had a cream poncho when I was younger and I loved it so much. It made me feel so fashionable! Then, I entered my preteen years and ponchos became "uncool." How ironic that I now love ponchos again. It's like wearing a blanket as clothing! And bonus about this poncho? It has arm holes.
- Peter Pan Collar Sweater with Rhinestone Buttons ($5). Ohhh, you know how I love peter pan collars! I just couldn't resist. And you can't tell from the picture, but the buttons on this sweater are just adorable. They're little rhinestones that have a very old antique feel about them. (There's nothing actually old about this sweater though. It's Liz Claiborne, ha.)
- Black Pointy Aldo Flats ($3). The only pair of flats that I really wear are these disgusting, old pair of AE flats I thrifted a few years ago. Thank goodness I found these beauties to replace them!
- Black 1950's Gloves ($1). I have three pairs of white vintage gloves, but no other colors! Black gloves will be the perfect accessory to my winter vintage looks, and will keep my hands toasty warm! The gloves have the cutest scalloped edges with little buttons, too...
- White Beret ($4). A white beret has been on my wish list for quite sometime now, and I'm so obsessed with this one! (I literally haven't taken it off since I bought it. Ew, I know.) It's incredibly soft and I think it's ironic that the texture and color match my poncho perfectly. Hmm... ;)
Winter Thift Finds!
SomeoneLikeYou Sunday, November 7, 2010
Hello everyone! Here's just a little about the new items I thrifted yesterday. I haven't done this good in a long time!
Thrifting total: $ 22.00!
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed their weekend! Unfortunately, I spent from twelve until nine doing homework today...it was pretty awful! I'm off now to do some more studying: I've got to do good on my physics tests this week!
With much love,