a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Review: January-June.

Janurary 2010.
In January I fought through a very cold and snowy month to take blog pictures. All I could dream of was summer dresses, and insisted on wearing short sleeves!


February 2010.
In February was a very vintage inspired month. I replicated a lot of looks from every time period from the 1920's to the 1970's. In addition, I also had a very scary first experience with fainting!

March 2010.
March was a huge month for me in blogging. I received my first comment and follower, along with completing my 100th blog post! Also, I had a creepy 80 year old man ask me out on a date. Eeep!


April 2010.
April is the month that I probably did the most thrift shopping out of the whole year! I went to a rummage sale or garage sale every weekend, and brought home tons of treasures. This whole outfit was all thrifted from just one rummage sale!


May 2010.
In the beginning of May Matt and I went to prom! I was also in a fashion show for my favorite local thrift store.


June 2010.
This was probably my most inspirational month out of the whole year and where I did some of my absolute favorite shoots ever. Matt and I celebrated our three year anniversary and did a vintage photo shoot. I was in awe when this picture was on the Chictopia front page!


Hello everyone!

It's so hard to believe how quickly 2010 has flown by. When looking back at all my old posts today to gather my favorite pictures from each month it was...weird. I remember how I was feeling or what I was thinking when a certain outfit picture was taken. Some of these shoots just feel like I did them yesterday! I think that 2010 was a really incredibly year for me. In some ways I think it was finally the year I found my true self, and I believe that I have this blog to thank for that. Looking back has helped me to see how much I have grown and changed. Not just physically, but in the way think, act, and live my life as well! I hope you all enjoyed looking back at the months January-June of SomeoneLikeYou! Either late tonight or early tomorrow I'll be posting July-December.

Hope everyone is doing well!
With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

12 comments

Carys said...

I love looking back over old posts and seeing what I was inspired by, and remembering how I felt at the time. I wish my blog anniversary wasn't so near the new year, I feel quite left out of all this year-round up stuff.
You look so lovely in every post, keep it up!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

April said...

Looks like a great year. Hopefully 2011 will be even better!

ediot said...

just found your blog ;) looks nice.
i love that dress your wore in january! it's so so cute!
hope you're having a good week dear
take care
x

JordanMayTwigs said...

I think I did a lot of thrifting in April as well.
I love finding new treasures!!!

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

Sara said...

awww how nice, hopefully 2011 will be a great year as well :)

sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com

Love, Trixie said...

You're prom dress is amazing! Seriously amazing and for some reason it makes me think of Scarlett O'Hara, haha probably not the look you were going for but seriously, who doesn't love Gone With the Wind. And I love that it's not a pink, sparkly, and super short dress!

And of course, the second to the last photo is so sweet and lovely! You two look so perfect together :)

hearts and hugs,
Nina

Unknown said...

you are a breath of fresh air and beauty!
I am psychic ( i have a magic ball ).
I see you going many great places this year!
Thanks for being such a big part of my blog-joy!
Happy New Year!
xXx
Reva

Unknown said...

PS, there is a blog I think you might really like called thejoyoffashion ( i think she's on blogger? maybe blogpsot ) but she is so sweet and is a very girlie girl named Marie.

Amanda said...

LOVE these photos....that photo of you and your boy in June is absolutely adorable!

xx

Jody Ruth Lear said...

Your hair is so gorgeous, as well as your outfits! Beautiful styles

Heather said...

That black prom dress is absolutely stunning! Vintage, but still modern and classy! Love it!

Kezzie said...

I love looking at old posts of yours! You have such amazing styling tastes. Plus I love that black prom dress- really beautiful!

Blogger Template by pipdig