Karma, Karma, Karma!
SomeoneLikeYou Thursday, May 19, 2011
Ahh Karma. Up until this point I have successfully avoided it with this blog. I've gone on all sorts of photoshoot adventures without having any mishaps. No bug stings. No cuts or scrapes. No getting caught for trespassing. I thought my day would never come to get blogging karma. Well, I was wrong. Ergh, I can't believe it but I have contracted poison ivy. Yes, that's right. Itchy, contagious, red, blotchy poison ivy. I'm not a happy camper right now. Me being the doofus I am took pictures a week ago in a field (red dress, flower in my hair pictures) and the weeds were knee high with lots of suspicious looking leaves. I didn't really think anything of it until a few days ago my legs started itching like crazy... and then I developed many red bumps that gradually eased their way up my legs. This is just awful and I've definitely learned my lesson! It's not worth a good picture to have horribly itchy, ugly, blotchy, red legs...
So in other news from my stupidity, here are some of the wonderful thrift finds I've had as of late!
1. A gingham crop top (.99). I've been looking for a tie crop top forever and I was so lucky to find this one in a print I've also been looking for: gingham! This top will look perfect with high waisted shorts on hot summer days.
2. Polka dot high waisted shorts (.99). These shorts remind me so much of Minnie Mouse which I just love! They even have a little bow on the back pocket that's just adorable...
3. Fruit printed retro bikini ($3). Ahhh, I love, love, love this bikini! The retro shape is exactly what I've been looking for in a bikini, and the fruit print is just the perfect bonus.
4. Structured Jones NY Dress ($2). I just thrifted this lovely dress today and it is a total dream. It fits perfectly and I can't wait to frolic around in some (non-poisonous) fields in it!
5. Brown Purse ($2). This purse is in perfect condition, and will probably be my go to purse for this summer!
6. Nine West Brown Wedges ($2). I was thrilled to find these low heel, chunky wedges that are so popular right now. And they'll be perfect for summer time adventures because they're not so high.
7. White Retro Sandals ($2). It seems as though I've been looking for a nice little pair of white sandals for summer for ages, and I'm excited to have finally found a cute retro inspired pair!
Tomorrow I'm actually not going to school because I'm going on a college visit to Kent State University to do a special tour of the fashion merchandising program. I can hardly contain my excitement!
With much love, Lauren.