a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Beginning of the End.

102_7119

102_7129

102_7120

102_7126

102_7128

102_7140

102_7116

102_7105
White Eyelet Dress: Avon.
Purse, Hat, Earrings, Heels: Thrifted.
Flower Necklace: Forever21.

Today was the start of the new part of 208 high school senior's lives. The day that they graduate and are thrust into adulthood whether they like it or not. The day they leave everything they've ever known and go out to find who they are. In those 208 students was my boyfriend, best friend, and love of four years. Matthew.

To say I'm proud of him and thrilled for him to start the next part of his life is a huge understatement. Words cannot express the joy I feel with him and for him. The way the tears slipped from the corners of my eyes as I watched him take his diploma proudly. The way he looked so handsome in his deep, purple gown and his graduation cap perched haphazardly upon his head. Upon seeing his smiling from ear to ear face after graduation, I ran to him and gave him the biggest hug I could muster and in that moment I didn't want to be anywhere else.

Graduation is a weird thing. Today was the first graduation I've ever been to and I felt so many poignant feelings at once. Pride. Sadness. Happiness. Excitement. Longing. Nostalgia. Being at Matt's graduation today made me really put into perspective the year I have in front of me. My senior year of high school.

It's odd to me that I am almost done with high school. That I am to be a senior next year. I've always dreaded with fervor my senior year, but after today I have a different outlook. I'm actually looking forward to it. I see Matt, done with everything he's ever known and that scares the heebie jeebies out of me. Being done with the place I've lived at for 17 years of my life. Being done with my everyday routine of going to Lexington school. Being done with seeing the familiar faces, places, and sights of my little town in Ohio. It's scary.

I pictured myself today in Matt's place. Senior pictures. Last school dances. The dreaded senior paper. Scholarships and college visits. Graduation party. Receiving that cap and gown. Walking up the podium to take that diploma. Moving on to the next point in your life.

In this next year that will be everything I'll be faced with. Before today to be honest I was dreading my senior year. However, after today I'm now ready to accept that life is moving whether I want it to or not. I can't stay seventeen and in high school forever because as Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty in their dreams." And the future's coming whether I'm ready or not, but I'd like to think I am ready.

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

5 comments

Bad Joan said...

Great dress and hat! Gorgeous images!

http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

Midwest Muse said...

Beautiful outfit, as always. Graduation and growing up is a weird thing, but I think you'll do just fine.

Kezzie said...

Oooooh, love this outfit!!!! I always love white broderie anglaise and of course big hats....!

Amber Schmidt said...

you are my favorite.

Brittney said...

those photos are beautiful. what the rolling field of tall grass? like out of a movie or something. :)
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you'd like!)

Blogger Template by pipdig