a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

She Sells Seychelles By The Sea Shore.

102_7505

102_7479

102_7481

102_7495

102_7501

102_7466

102_7459

102_7513

102_7507
Seychelles T-Strap Wedges, Liz Claiborne Skirt, Tan Bag: Thrifted.
Floral Blouse, Belt: Forever21.

Hello there everyone!
Based on the title of this blog post you all probably thought two things... 1) That I don't know how to spell 2) That I must live by a beach. Well, I'd like to think I know how to spell (most of the time), and there are for sure no beaches in Ohio (unless you count nasty lake beaches, thanks Lake Erie), so what in the world could I be talking about?!

Long have I coveted the lovely vintage inspired shoes that Seychelles makes. Golly, they have some of the cutest shoes I've ever seen! Sadly, they are well, well out of my price range and I could never,ever afford them. However, just imagine my surprise when I was casually looking amongst the tattered and ratty shoes of my local thrift store when I happened upon these heavenly Seychelles wedges? T-strap. Perfect condition. Adorable basket weave heel. Exact fit. Four dollars. Done, done and DONE.

Secondly, while on this very successful thrift trip I picked up the denim skirt that I'm wearing in these pictures for just two dollars. Ironically enough the two items I thrifted went perfectly together! I absolutely love it when that happens.

In other news before I head off to bed (I know, I'm a little baby and go to sleep early, even during the summer), I want to thank you all for all of the 'lovely little notes' I've been receiving as of late. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have the best followers! Oh, and speaking of followers I'd love to say hello to all my new ones!

Hope you all are doing lovely
With much love, Lauren.

P.S. In case you were wondering that large welt on the right side of my head is a bug bite... Oh, the wonders of blogging, heh ;)
SHARE:

14 comments

LyddieGal said...

Seychelles at the thrift store?! You lucky girl!! Those wedges are so adorable.
I hate that Seychelles are so expensive, but sometimes you can get a good deal on them (usually in the under $50 range) but no where near as cheap as $4!

Chic on the Cheap

Amber Schmidt said...

Well... we need to go shopping together.

xo

aki! said...

How often does that happen? I mean, how often do you even find great shoes in perfect condition? Not to mention the brand you've been looking for?

seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com

Sara said...

cute outfit! love the wedges!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

b.outlandish said...

AH! That always happens to me, isn't it an awesome feeling?!
I'd love to go thrift shopping with you!

Love your wedges.

And to your last post on my blog post. & thank you! Yes! I did cut it myself, I Can't ever let anyone cut my hair for me. It's this thing that I have. I've been cutting it by myself for 6 years now. You can do it, you just need not to be scared, but if you're like me, I'm scared for someone, anyone, to cut my hair. & yes, it's naturally like that.

Beti ♥ fashiontazja said...

beautiful :)

Blue said...

congrats on that exceptional thrift find!!! I wish I got that lucky. Where exactly do you shop? =)

The Semi Sweet said...

I have found two pair of Seychelles from the thrift store! They're so perfect:) I may even buy myself a pair for myself brand new since I already know how well made they are. You dressed them up lovely too!

Lacee Swan said...

very sweet outfit!! love the shoes!

Victoria said...

I just found your blog, and I love everything I've seen. Your style is amazing, your writing is beautiful, and you yourself are gorgeous! You seem extremely real to me and you have some very insightful and meaningful things to say. So thank you for giving me a new, wonderful place to visit. I'll definitely be digging through your archives for quite a while! But anyway, your outfit is lovely! And those shoes for four dollars?! Total score!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

They are gorgeous shoes!! I really adore this blouse and skirt!!! You always have such a cute smile too!!

Libby said...

What an adorable outfit! Those shoes are so cute, and I love the skirt!! Liz Claiborne has had some really lovely pieces over the years!

Sian Thomas said...

Oh my goodness what a cute outfit!! I love the shape of your skirt! And you are so pretty =) I don't know how I never came across your blog before! Well I'm definitely following you now =D
http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

Kezzie said...

Beautiful as always! I love every part of this outfit! Wow on the shoes! i love it when you find what you were looking for! I went shopping on Saturday wanting some plain shorts for cycling, a certain style, and some trousers and found exactly what I wanted in a charity shop! (thrifting delight!)

Blogger Template by pipdig