a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Noir.

All items thrifted.

Hello everyone!
Decided to go with an all black outfit today for some reason which is highly uncharacteristic of me. Usually I'm all about colors and florals! It's nice to have a little bit of a change though for once, but I can say I was incredibly cold in this outfit. Today turned out to be colder than expected, and my outfit certainly was not ready for this great change in temperature. Yikes.

I've also been meaning to share with you all a video from a reader, Katie, sent to me regarding positive influences for women.

I was so flattered that she chose me as one of her two bloggers she looks up to as a positive influence for young women. My original plans for this blog when I started two years ago was never really to strengthen girls or share my struggles with others. My blog was supposed to be private, only for my eyes to see and a little place for me to vent my life struggles. But as my blog grew, I realized the power that each and every single one of us has to make a difference. No matter how big or small, a difference can be made by each of us. For the past year and a half or so, it's been one of my dreams to reach out and help young women/girls with their insecurities and struggles by sharing my own stories in an effort to help. Receiving this video from Katie made my heart swell with happiness because I am making a difference. I am doing and achieving something I never thought I could do. I'm not saying that I'm always the best person to look up to. I have days where I say the wrong things, where I'm judgmental, where I'm narrow minded, and where I let my insecurities get the best of me, however, just knowing that every now and then I can make a little difference in a gal's life is so empowering. So thank you to all of you who send me emails, comments, and formspring comments on how I've helped you. Each and every one of your stories is so dear to my heart and you're the ones who strengthen me

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

16 comments

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS GURL!! C: now you INSPIRE people!! that's awesome!!! sure you grew up a lot !! you deserve it!!! this is gonna be a great year for you!! you can be sure!! C: <3

Wild Flower said...

I like you in all black darling, so elegant! And you truly are so inspiring, if you can be happy with yourself, then surely I can (try) also! Congratulations on being mentioned in the video, that's awesome !

Kaylee
xo

katie said...

This is so very noir, I love it! (You should be an art model, your photos are so artistic and inspiring, you are so charming, you would be such a delight to paint.)

Congradulations on the video, you really are inspiring and I always look forward to your posts.

Anonymous said...

You look for glamourous in this outfit, reminds of something film stars used to wear on the red carpet, especially with the earrings!
xx
thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

The Beatniq said...

Congratulations on at least reaching one person and making a difference in their life! Also, you look so pretty in this outfit. I wish I would have been brave enough to throw out the polo's and worn stuff like this in high school.

Zane said...

gorgeous blouse and I love your hair like this. and congrats on that video.

ftashion said...

This black lace top is really beautiful. I love the makeup you did, so classic.
And hey, the video is just so awesome! It's really cool that you have been such an inspiration to many! Keep doing what you are doing!

Fang Ting
ftashion

Unknown said...

I LOVE that blouse! So beautiful!! :) I actually kind of have a thing for black, (no I'm not emo or depressed! hehe) I think it is classy and really beautiful! :)

JGO said...

You are a very inspiring beautiful young lady Lauren...I have no doubt you'll be very successful in the fashion industry as well as in motivational writing. Who knows, maybe one day you'll write an inspirational book...On a different note, you look absolutely beautiful, as always.

Jacqueline

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

You know how I feel about you :) you often remind me of myself and my own insecurities. And you also seem to find yourself in the same situations I am in or have been in. You always write so open and honest about it, it's what makes you beautiful and why I keep reading your blog. Keep it up Lauren!

Emily said...

Wow, I can't even imagine you saying the wrong things! This post was written so well:) You look very classy today, with your black outfit and red lip, just sayin':)

<3

Tania said...

Ah I wish we could meet one day! We seem to have so much in common :) I think words have so much power behind them, it's actually scary how many pro anorexia blogs are out there for young girls to come across :S and btw, you look super classy in that all black outfit! :) xx

http://t-mareeclothing.blogspot.com.au

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

beautiful outfit! i love the lace top and the shoes! gorgeous!
-Katie

Kezzie said...

That's lovely! You inspire me and I am around 12 years older than you! You keep doing what you do lovely Lauren!
I do so like this outfit! Tis pretttttty!!!

Midwest Muse said...

You look really good in lace and you look stunning in black. Of course you're an inspiration to people! You are so optimistic and wise for your age. I wish I had known you when I was younger!

Unknown said...

This outfit is stunning on you! You look so feminine! I love the sheer detailing on the blouse. Such a pretty look.

Blogger Template by pipdig