a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My First Print Feature!

Hello everyone!
Last month I received the most exciting email ever asking if it was okay if a Dutch magazine called VIVA could use one of my blog pictures for a t-strap shoes feature they were doing... I pretty much started dancing and screaming around the house in euphoria at the thought of little ole me being featured in a print magazine. So of course I said yes! The people at VIVA were ever so kind to have sent me a copy and it was so surreal opening it yesterday. I had tears in my eyes as I looked at myself on that page. Me, Lauren.

I don't feel like I deserve something like this. Who am I and what have I done to recieve something so rewarding, so honorable? I just feel like my wildest dreams are coming true. I mean, things like this don't happen to people like me. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming because I honest to God feel like the luckiest girl in the world. The luckiest girl in the world.

I know I've worked hard for everything on this blog but like I said, I don't feel like I deserve everything that's been given to me. Without all of you, my beautiful, supportive followers, something like this would have never happened to someone like me. It's all because of you that my dreams are coming true. You all are the ones who inspire me from everything in life, clothing, and going after my dreams. I know I would still be blogging right now even without a 500 person following, but who knows if I would be as passionate and love it as much. You all give me meaning and support to keep doing what I do...you're the greatest readers a gal could ask for! And if a year ago someone would have told me I was going to be in a print magazine, I would have been on the floor rolling with laughter.

But it's true. I want you all to do something for me; never ever ever give up on your dreams. No matter how wild, how crazy, how outlandish they may be. You can do anything that you dream and want in life. I have so much I want to achieve in life and I'm marking this experience off as one of the top things on my list. I am nothing but an ordinary girl, but that doesn't mean great things can't happen to ordinary people who have big dreams. So, if I can do it (and trust me, I am nothing short of...well, nothing) then you all can do ten fold of what I can do. Never give up on what you're passionate about and what you dream of doing. You AND God will both find a way to make it happen. I promise.

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

18 comments

http://ofbecomingjane.blogspot.com/ said...

How exciting! So happy for you!!!:) That is WONDERFUL news!!

Unknown said...

GAAA! That is SO exciting! You girl, if anyone deserves it you do! They picked a really awesome photo too! Congrats! (Also, the image of you running around the house was highly amusing and also something that I would probably do. :P )

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Shady Del Knight said...

I'm thrilled about this, Lauren. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Yah, Lauren! I told ya you would go far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, the good ole' days ;)
Proud of ya!
hugs,
Reva

Teddi said...

Lauren, you must be over the moon with joy! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! You have some awesome luck!

Anonymous said...

You deserve it! No wonder they wanted you, you had such great photos, besides the fabulous outfits!
Would you like to take part in my photo challenge?
http://ananortcele.blogspot.ca/2012/03/anas-photo-challenge.html

Anonymous said...

You deserve it! No wonder they wanted you, you had such great photos, besides the fabulous outfits!
Would you like to take part in my photo challenge?
http://ananortcele.blogspot.ca/2012/03/anas-photo-challenge.html

Emily said...

Ahhh! I'm so happy for you! That is absolutely amazing. You totally deserve it Lauren, you've changed my outlook on fashion and I'm sure you've changed so many other girls' too. Thank you for everything! And thank you especially for reminding us to never give up on our dreams, this is the perfect example!
<3

CaptMO/ DJ ABO said...

That is the greatest news EVER!!!! Congratualtions hun!!!! You definitely deserve it after all of the hard work you put into your blog!!! And you will never be just normal! You have such a talent and view that a normal person could never imagine seeing! You ARE above us all and deserve every last bit of glory that comes with it! You haven't been handed it all, you worked for it!!! You've been pushed down and haven't stopped yet and you keep getting further and further!!! If anything, they should be the ones honored to have you say "yes" to them!!! Great work miss Lauren!!! Keep it up!!! You're the best!!! :-)

katie said...

How exciting! And congradulations, you should be in lots of print magazinges! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Wow, well done, that is so awesome! You totally do deserve it! Congratulations, congratulations!
xx Jane
http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

Zane said...

Congratulations, darling! You sure deserve it, you have the most amazing style in the blogosphere :

Laura said...

Congratulations and you do deserve it!

Kezzie said...

Brilliant! I don't know why you are surprised, you are fabulous!!!

Sarah said...

That is so so cool

Love Sarah

PS. I realy like your blog

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment. I think you very much so deserved it. :-)

Jasmine said...

I so needed to read this today. My studies are difficult, University feels impossible and I've just wanted to quit all day.

This post was just the encouragement and reminder I needed.

Thank you!
God bless!

Blogger Template by pipdig