a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Leopard + Orange.

Orange Cape: Forever21.
LBD: Gabriel Brother's (So old! I wore it for Matt and I's FIRST anniversary...we've since had our fifth!)
Black Beret: Target.
Flower Umbrella: Graduation Gift from a church friend.
Leopard Heels: c/o Pink and Pepper.

Hello everyone!
Back when I graduated in June I had a lady from church give me the sweetest and most unexpected gift...an umbrella! Something I'd never thought I'd be 'needing' for college, but certainty something that I never realized I will need walking to and fro to my classes. I was totally taken aback by how beautiful and unique the design was and thought it was so special and kind of her to think of me...She's always been such a supporter of my dreams and I thought it would be perfect to use this in an outfit post. It's been sort of rainy the past few days here in Ohio, so it time to break it out :) I also haven't worn this cape in a super long time! Gosh, I've forgotten how much I've missed it...

I've also owned a pair of worn down and tattered leopard flats from target for years, but never a pair of leopard heels. I'm always too scared to buy colorful/bold shoes because I don't want to not wear them. I'm so thankful though I got to try out a pair of Pink and Pepper heels in a sassy leopard print. They're cute, comfy, and versatile. What more can I ask for?

Since my dad is out of town my mom, grandma, sister, and I went out to eat and then out dessert tonight. Girl's night! I got red velvet cake for dessert and it was beyond delicious...red velvet cures all sadness!

I'll be working a lot for the next few days so I'm not sure how much I'll be popping in and out of here. I just wanted to say thank you as always for all of the sweet things you all say and for supporting me! I'm still working on replying back to emails, and I'm going to try and make it a new goal of mine to take at least five minutes everyday to do some commenting...Commenting on other blogs is such a little, but sincere, way of showing you care about a person and I care so much about all ya'll!

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

24 comments

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

Love this outfit. It makes me long for fall which I want want to do yet. Summer is slipping by so fast it seems. And the umbrella is awesome. What a cool and unique graduation gift.
Carlee

http://almostendearing.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

you look so beautiful Lauren, i adore that umbrella!
X jane

http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

Katie Burry said...

What a gorgeous cape! I love it. ♥

And those shoes are lovely, too! I just bought a similar gold sparkly pair from Target. I love thick heels - so much easier to walk in than the pencil thin ones that used to be in style!

You sound like you're feeling better - I'm so glad!

Georgia said...

Lovely beret, it looks lovely with your hair!! That umbrella is gorgeous, what a beautiful colour!

xx

georgexoxo.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

I love your cape! That color looks great on you!
And super cute umbrella too!

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

SM said...

Love the umbrella! I'm sure it'll bring you good mood in the rainy days

Lauren said...

omg guurl you so sexyyy!! And I need to send you an email, haha. I'll get to that eventually. Until then, remember that I think you're super awesome.

R said...

The Rain Rock/jacket and the black dress...and the umrelle!!! I love theemmm! You are sooo cute and your outfit.Wow!

http://ladolcevita.looky.se/

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

I am happy to see all of your positive thoughts in this post. And when you radiate positivity, you look lovely no matter what your wearing (or the weather!). BTW- those shoes are killer- I own a pair myself and feel fierce every time I put them on!

Remember- nothing bad is going to happened because you never thought it would....(the power of positive thinking).

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

That umbrella is so beautiful, I love that shade of orange on you xo

Teddi said...

lovely words, lovely outfit, lovely lauren ! :)

Unknown said...

What a great outfit! That umbrella is so fantastic. :)

xoxo,
Laura

http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Camille said...

You're outfit is too adorable, girl! I am absolutely in love with your cape. It will be so perfect for back to school!

You are so lucky to own a pair of Pink and Pepper shoes. I have been wanting some for the longest time!

How do you get so many amazing blogger opportunities?

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

marcia said...

amazing, amazing, amazing! loving the heels

Unknown said...

That is the cutest umbrella I have ever seen! And with those shoes? Fabulous!!! :-)

aki! said...

The umbrella definitely seems perfect for you and it's very lovely to see you smiling brightly.

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

such a lovely outfit, cute shoes :)





chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just found you through Lookbook and I love your style. Your face looks like one of the beauties from the 60's and I just love the feminine silhouettes you wear. You are so pretty and I can't wait to read more of your blog! <3

toni

Midwest Muse said...

You are beautiful and color looks stunning!

Et tu, tutu? said...

I love this outfit! Especially the umbrella. :)

-Lindsey
Et tu, tutu?

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I just love your leopard print heels and how great they look with your orange jacket. That umbrella is gorgeous too!

Emily Quinn said...

Hmmmm. Orange and leopard meet. I like it!
:)

K. said...

Love the cape! You look stunning!

Carina Michele said...

Adore! Simply adored. I love the cheetah and orange!

Blogger Template by pipdig