a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Social Gatherings.

Cream Blouse, Tan Shorts, Bow Clutch: Thrifted.
Gold Bow Heels: Plato's Closet.

Hello everyone!

Matt and I had a mini date night last night and went to go see The Dark Knight Rises. It didn't take much convincing because he did good picking out The Avengers last time and I'd heard superb reviews on it...It was absolutely fantastic and I admit-I cried at the end! Big baby that I am. We ended up coming out of the movie theater starving and decided to get something to eat (at 10 no less). We settled on my home turf Cheddar's for some delcicious late night food. And that little sneak managed to get my employee discount on his check...not quite sure how that happened!

Today I am super nervous and excited though. I'm meeting up with some blog readers of mine! This is the first time I've ever really 'met up' with anyone who reads my blog and I am just a ball of nerves. They actually live in Pennsylvania but are in Ohio on a little vacation! I guess I just don't want to disappoint them though, you know? In real life I'm REAL, not this person that you all see here on the internet. I stumble and mumble and say the wrong things half the time... I just really want everything to work out and them not to be disappointed. Social skills, if you're in there please don't fail me now!

I'll make sure to take pictures to share with you all later and hope you're doing just lovely :D

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

16 comments

Fernanda said...

You are absolutely gorgeous!! I love your shirt. And your hair. And your ring. ♥

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

You look so lovely. Like always! I have been hearing the Dark Knight is awesome, glad you got to see it. Also good luck meeting up with your blog followers!
Carlee

http://almostendearing.blogspot.com/

Teddi said...

sounds like a fine night out with your matt! lauren, i'm sure going to have a grand time with your meetup. :)

Ashlyn said...

This is such a classy outfit, Lauren! I'm glad you liked The Dark Night Rises. I've just now gotten around to seeing Spiderman (Andrew Garfield is just about the cutest thing ever), so there's no telling when I'll get to see it. I hope your meet up goes well, I'm sure it will though!

Ashlyn
Triple Thread

Unknown said...

This Outfit is amazinggg!
You look like an adult here Lauren!
xox,Taylor

Charlotte Cantillon (Crowley) said...

Lauren you look so lovely. Such a departure from your usual style but you look so grown up!
Have fun meeting your readers! I've met a few blog friends and it's so fun!

Charlotte x

katie said...

Haha, we just went and saw the new Batman movie too! (So good!) It's so fun to get out and have a date night, those kinda get pushed off to the side anytime you've been in a long reltionship. :P This is the cutest outfit for a date night, I love this combonation of the shorts and that beautiful, vintage looking blouse. (And your legs look amazing in these shorts!)

Kezzie said...

Very cool and collected! I love the outfit! I know what you mean about disappointing people! I met some of my boyfriend's fellow colleagues from the Olympic opening ceremony yesterday and I was just feeling really shy and awkward and he was annoyed with me because I didn't want a drink and just felt silly standing there and I know they all thought I was awkward and weird!

The Dragonfruit said...

Aw, I teared up at the end of the movie too! It was so good...I'm just relieved they gave it a happy ending. I thought for sure...well, I won't say in case someone who hasn't seen it is reading this. Haha
And those readers sure are lucky! That's so cool you get to meet them :) I know I'd be incredibly nervous too, but don't stress about it. Just be your lovely self.
Speaking of lovely...this outfit is so pretty! Love the neutrals and your metallic heels.

Trendy Teal

Georgia said...

You look gorgeous, that blouse is beautiful!

xx

Unknown said...

This outfit is just absolutely wonderful! I love all the neutrals together. VERY cute. That ring is so adorable!


xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

Love that ladylike blouse with the shorts! Cute!

Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

Love this outfit!! Its the bestest as are you!
-Britney of Lemonwood and Honey

Anonymous said...

Meeting other bloggers is so fun!! I think you will have a blast. :) And I loveee those shorts! I've been searching for a pair like that through thrifting, and I've yet to find a pair. They look so cute with the metallic heels! <3

toni

Et tu, tutu? said...

I'm super impressed that most of your outfit is thrifted! And I love your ring too! Best of luck on the meet-up. :)

-Lindsey
Et tu, tutu?

Unknown said...

I really liked Batman. I wish my boyfriend liked going to the movies. I only ever go with my mom and sister!
This outfit is very cute too. I like the almost monochromatic color scheme. Those heels are fantastic too!

Blogger Template by pipdig