a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Summertime Sadness.

Red Peter Pan Collar Dress: AE.
White Flats: Thrifted.
Pearl Bracelets: Forever21.
Hair Bow: Modcloth Gift.

Hello you all!
Eugh, I always have so much to say and tell you all because my days are jam packed from morning till late at night, and then by the end of the day I'm too drained and sleepy to write :( It's the pits!

I mean don't get me wrong, I love being involved and busy and meeting new people. It's helped get my mind off things I really don't want to be thinking about lately. At the same time though, it's not something I've ever done or experienced before. I was really uninvolved in high school. I secluded myself from my classmates, didn't attend events, and certainty wasn't in any clubs. I don't want to miss my second chance at the life I want here though, so even if that means stretching myself thin with activities every hour (literally); then so be it. I want to live for once and it's been an incredible week so far and it didn't stop tonight.

Growing up Catholic I was just sort of told what to do and believe rather than finding out for myself. I made it a real goal for myself to explore my relationship with God here at Kent and have been attending these 'NAV nights' every Wednesday. They're pretty much singing and talking about finding our own personal relationship with God, and just being connected with like minded people. I've really found solace in it though these past two weeks of being here and it gives me a lot of hope. Tonight a member of the band spoke and told his personal story and it hit me so strongly because it was so close to my own. It's not something I've ever done (male or female) but afterwards I went up and told him how much I appreciated him telling his story to 150 people and that it really helped me and helped me find the direction I want to go in and be at someday. I was a ball of nerves approaching a stranger, but at the end of tonight I'm glad I did it. It's doing little things like this and just getting out of your shell to help you really grow leaps and bounds as a person.

Anywho, hope you all are doing wonderful and thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all of the love and support you give me! (I am undeserving)


With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

18 comments

TaNuja said...

Oh.. you look lovely and its nice that you are controlling your life like you want it to in the right direction :)


Cannot speak much on religion (I'm a Hindu) but its all good when it hugs its people when in need and soothes your soul. :)


Be in good company and stay positive.


Lots
of
Love
----
Tanuja
----
http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

Ashley Holloway said...

I desperately wanted this dress from AE but couldn't get any of the sizes to fit right in the top, it made me so sad because the details are so pretty :( It looks lovely on you! I'm glad you are finding new and exciting things to do at Kent! It will open up your shell, I promise! Isnt it funny how you can speak to so many of us, but talking to one stranger in person is so difficult! I feel a similar way, I'm a shy girl as well!

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

I'm so glad you've found people you might be able to open up to! You sound so much more relaxed in this post as well, you've been so wound up for weeks it's fantastic. I love this outfit, so pretty! You always look amazing in red xo

Unknown said...

It sounds like you've been a busy-bee, and it's lovely to see that you're happier and growing as a person by taking that first step out of your shell to talk to the guy about his words! You'll soon find your place, don't worry. I love the colour and print of your dress too, so pretty!

louisejoyb x

Anonymous said...

It is excellent that you are seeking out Christ. Make sure that you constantly seek Him through His Word especially. You look beautiful in red!! Love this dress on you!
+Victoria+

Mary said...

It's awesome that you did that!

Unknown said...

You look so lovely! That LRD is so adorable and fits you perfectly.

Glad that you are getting involved, especially with some campus ministry. I'm involved with a Brethren group on campus and I LOVE it!

Hope classes are going well, too!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Lauren you always look lovely!!! :-)

Danielle said...

That dress is lovely! It's good to hear that you're coming out of your shell and getting involved. I've been reading your blog, but never commented. I find we are so much alike in many ways. I'm going to college for the first time too and I'm so nervous. I admire and look up to you in so many ways. By the way, thanks for yesterday's post about mental illness. It's easy to think that I'm the only one dealing with anxiety. It was a good reminder I'm not alone.

Oh, and, I remember you writing something about someone saying you didn't look good with bangs? What? You look absolutely gorgeous!

Stay strong. :)

Kezzie said...

Oh I am so glad you went! Yes, it's amazing when you hear someone's testimony! Keep persevering. Seek and ye shall find!x

alovelylittleblog said...

red is so your color. looks perfect on you and your skin/ hair tones.

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

Congratulations Lauren! You go girl!! I believe in you :P

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

AND you are soo deserving Lauren

R said...

You have a beautiful outfit Lauren!
You are a beautiful girl!
The red color is the right color for you!
(That is just what I think.
With Love
//R
http://ladolcevita.looky.se/

Teddi said...

i know that took a lot of guts for you to approach him, but doesn't that show how you are getting more courageous & growing?

Anonymous said...

As far as game Aсt
as is could sеrѵe drug usеr gгoups
and сentral Unloosen Tгo Choі and computing ԁeνicе games.
fifty-fifty Multi paгtісipant On-lіne preparer to inflate
the cаpаbilities оf уour caг.
nеаr plants сan merely flаck or hold speсial ԁay fοr them filleԁ with Enchanteԁ activitіеs.

Anonymous said...

It's no secret that fashion designers favor the non-busty. In addition, there are now many different factors to consider before adding new additions to your hat collection. These bright colors may be hard for everyone to look like flannel, corduroy and cottons. This Fashion jewelry trend setting diva, to grandma with each extra item you put on.

Also visit my page - Thoi trang nam

Anonymous said...

Spokesmen did confiгm that thе company
believes аn incгeаsе in iphоne screеn size іs a neceѕsary move foг еmerging markets - again, explаinіng the dеcreaseѕ in іphone 5 prοduction during thе
fourth quаrter.

Мy blog; iphone (www.cellsbee.com)

Blogger Template by pipdig