a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Outfit Inspired By: The A Team, with Lulu*s.com


Heart Times Dress (and here's another similar option): c/o Lulu's.
Studded Sweater (sold out, but here's similar): c/o Lulu's.
Reciting Lines Tights (sold out, but here's similar): c/o Lulu's.
Boots: H&M.
Earrings: Thrifted.
Hat: Handmade by family friend.

Hello everyone, I've got something super exciting to tell you!

So for this next month every Thursday I'll be posting a look inspired by a favorite song of mine, this first one being The A Team by Ed Sheeran. 

The A Team is an incredibly melancholy but powerful song. As humans, often we love songs because we can relate to them whether they're about heart break, life's difficulties, and so on. But The A Team isn't about anything I've ever gone through. It's a story about a prostitute and the life she lives.

Most people would probably find it odd that this is one of my favorite songs, but when you listen to it you'll understand. Ed writes the most raw, honest, riveting songs I've ever heard. I love it and can relate because I love to write with that same honesty. He tells the all too important and often hidden world of prostitution in a beautiful, moving way. Being a feminist I love this song because it helps spread awareness of the fact that millions of girls, most of them younger than myself, are trapped in the sex trade.

My outfit is obviously not something I would typically wear, but that's the point of it; to be inspired by the song. It's raw and dark, melancholy and sad-- the emotions that an all black outfit depict. Like the girl in the song, she puts this wall up of fending for herself, living this hard life when on the inside, she's as scared and helpless as she should be. That's why I picked a studded cardigan; to represent the barrier the girl in the song feels, but then my dress has a heart cut out at the chest. It shows, just like in the song, every single one of us has a soft and vulnerable side. A side that simply...just wants to be loved.   

Watch the video. You won't regret it, I promise. Also, let me know if you think I captured the essence of The A Team in my outfit, or what you would wear! x

Excited to still get to share three more 'song inspired' outfits with you all 

With much love, Lauren.  

P.S. My laptop is broken so this might be the last post perhaps for a week/week and a half or so. UGH.
SHARE:

23 comments

Sara said...

Woah lauren wearing a leather dress? You look absolutely stunning! love the new look on you!

K. Elise said...

So cute, you look great in black :)

tulip-agate.blogspot.com

Jana K said...

What a great idea. You are so inspiring! I love "The A team". Your outfit definitely fits :)

Sorry about your laptop. That's a bummer. Hope it gets fixed soon!

-Leanna

Camille said...

Ed Sheeran is truly a songwriting mastermind. "The A Team" is such a beautiful song with such a powerful message. It is so wonderfully written that I couldn't help but start tearing up. While most girls can't relate to the song, I think we can relate to the girl. I think all of us, sometime or another, act like we are fine on the outside when really we are hurting. Like you said, every single one of us is a soft and vulnerable and just wants to be loved.

As for your outfit, I think it is so unlike you and totally amazing! My favorite part of your look is that fabulous leather dress. I LOVE the heart cut-out. It is so cute! I think you outfit really portrays the feelings that you get from the song.

I really like your idea to do outfits inspired by songs. I love this idea because I get to learn about what kind of songs that you like.

P.S. Have you heard "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran? I love that song! It is so beautiful!

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Tonya said...

I love everything about this look! Amazing job Lauren! xo

http://tdarlingxx.blogspot.com

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

Lauren! This outfit is amazing! You look incredible!!! And I love this new feature! Its just so lovely and such a unique and great idea!! :D
Britney

Ellie Balangue said...

that is one fierce look, lauren! :)

xx
ellie
http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

SM said...

I usually adore all black outfits, but this is such a different look for you, yet interesting =)
I've been constanty listening to Ed Sheeran's album especially a few days ago when I was making a portfolio for exam i think i listened to the whole album more then 10 time during the day hehe

Sammi C. said...

What an amazing outfit on you! You look like a spy with a heart of gold. Stunning and love the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Love this! I saw a very similar sweater today I was drooling over!

http://www.mythriftychic.com/

Jeannee said...

When I scrolled down on this post, I sort of muttered to myself, "I hope she's channeling Halloween or something" - and do forgive me for that unkind thought! because as I read how a particular song INSPIRED not only your outfit but the very choices within in, like why you wore a cardigan with studs - I was just - awed! Speechless! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! (Can you hear the applause from Virginia?!)

Helen said...

Oh my god!! What an amazing designer dress!! I salute your choice for latest fashion clothes..

Sunny said...

Nothing beats black and nothing beats your smile.. :-) Lovely outfit and great high heel shoes..

Bogi Vrg said...

You look amazing! I like the dress so much!

Unknown said...

Wonderful!! Absolutely beautiful! :)

Megan Butcher said...

You are stunning m'dear! Love the idea behind this outfit, and seeing a different but recognizable side of you! Tough + girly is one of my favorite combos! :)

<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You look so fantastic! This dress is so different, but I really like how you connected it to that song, which is a really great one!

Hope that your lappy-toppy gets fixed super soon!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth, Amy. 17. Obscure Ohio said...

OMG! Lauren, you look badass! I love rocker looks! Can you say jealous? :)

Unknown said...

Oh you look great! I like the combination of edgy and romantic in this look, it fits you well!
xo
Ylenia
Ambitieuse.net

Wild Flower said...

Oooh! I have this cardigan in green, isn't it so soft? I must say that I love you in all black! So pretty! Also really like Ed Sheeran, he does this other song called Small Bump, it's amazing.

Kaylee
xo

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

the leather black dress with the cut out heart?! so perfect dear! you look wonderful here!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

beautiful song & outstanding outfit! i dig it. :)

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing you post about Ed Sheeran so I am going to go listen to him on Spotify now. Thanks for the recommendation. Your outfit is so different from what we usually see you wear. You are always beautiful.
+Victoria+

Blogger Template by pipdig