a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Seasonal Confusion.

Striped Crop Top, Loafers, Necklace: Thrifted.
Cardigan: Kohl's.
Circle Skirt, Wide Brimmed Hat: c/o OASAP.
Tights: c/o Lulu*s.
Lipstick in MAC's Diva.


This is such a weird set of photos. Everything looks distinctly fall from my outfit, the scenery, and even my lipstick choice. For it being mid-march this was a weird outfit selection, but maybe it'll help some of you who are entering into Fall in the southern hemisphere? It's not too ideal for us in the Northern Hemisphere, ha.

In other news, I wanted to update you all that I did go on that date! I met the guy for coffee last Friday; which I'm always up for getting off campus to get some good, local coffee. The guy was nice. He was super gentlemanly and endearing. But he just wasn't for me. He didn't do anything wrong per say (except lift up his shirt to show me his tattoos ahem), but he just wasn't the type of guy I'm interested in, I guess. He right for some girl out there, but not me. I'm at this weird place right now where I'm open to dating, but not really ready for a relationship quite yet.  There is a difference between the two I've come to understand. And it wasn't until I got out of a five year relationship that I realized how scary dating actually is. It's really, really terrifying to give your whole self to another person and just dedicate so much of your time, effort, and affections towards them. In the end, you either break up or you get married, and I just haven't really come to terms with either of those ultimatums yet. I don't want to really go through another break up (last one was not fun to get over), but nor am I anywhere close to wanting to be married. 

So I guess I have to give and take and just kind of do the best I can. Because I really don't know how to date. I was 13 when I entered the relationship and a few days after my 19th birthday when I got out, and haven't been in anything since. So really, it's like I'm still a 13 year old girl who has no idea how to do any of this... and sometimes she just wishes boys would go away so she didn't have to deal with them, ha. 

But I know I'm only 20. And that I over think things and worry about things way too far into my future. For now, I'm going to just breathe and enjoy the journey.

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

12 comments

Madison Martine said...

Loving your crop top! Amazing post!

xo,
Madison Martine
http://madisonmartine.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sometimes you have to just go on dates to figure out who you even like and what the dating world is like (**cough cough* crazy **cough cough**) But at least you had a fun time even though he isn't the guy for you :)
Amia

Kezzie said...

You are really good at that lipstick matching thing!!! Glad the date happened and you sort of understand where you are mentally and regarding relationships. X

Ellie Balangue said...

Just let it flow. As always says in my youth for christ group, true love waits, and I do believe in that. rushing things will just make it worse. so take it easy and live one step at a time, there's so much ahead of you. focus on what you have now than that of what you don't have. sounds easy but I know, not. because sometimes I deal with those. claim it that you have a lovely life and everything will follow.

keep your heads up Lauren, its always so nice reading your blog. and seeing how beautiful you are inside and out.

stay positive!

btw, those are adorable tights and everything is put right together!



keep in touch!
xx
ellie
http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Despite the seasonal confusion, I really love this outfit - something i'd definitely wear!

As for the date, just go with your gut feeling - with things like these, it's usually right (: You'll find the right person eventually - besides, there's no rush (:

Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - fashion, beauty + lifestyle

Unknown said...

You look so great - and I think that it is still March appropriate.

And good for you for at least trying to go out on that date, that is more than most people can say!

xoxo,
laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Elliementary, My Dear said...

Loving this outfit. Especially the tights, they remind me of Dee Dee from Dum Dum Girls. If you don't want a relationship right now, you should just have fun with dating and not worry too much about it. You'll know when you meet the right person :)

Unknown said...

Well the whole going to Italy thing for months would discourage me from starting anything up right at the moment too :)

I really need to offer a seminar for young men on the do's and don'ts of dating. We would mostly focus on the don'ts as a triage type measure :)

You, my dear, look so gorgeous and exciting! That top with just the hint of pretty belly, your stunning necklace and, of course, those amazing (!) legs in those really cool tights. Thank you so (!!) much for that shot of them. You know that makes my nights so wonderful! You are the sweetest person and such a stunning beauty :)

Jaela said...

Love this so cute.

Camille said...

I agree, your outfit is really fall inspired, but I like it! Also, I'm proud of you for going on that date. I never dated, but I do know that it can be a scary thing. It's good that you are opening yourself up to meeting new people!

xoxo
Camille
http://misscamillexo.blogspot.com/

SB said...

Dear Lauren please stop wearing this skirt as every time you do you make me want to get one for myself :P.

lol about the tattoos I can imagine the look on your face (bet it would be similar to mine). You'll know when a relationship is right but as you said there is no rush right now with Italy it would just really complicate things.

Ashleigh said...

I'm right there with you on the boy thing. I'm definitely not ready for a relationship yet either. I went through a bad break up when I was 16, so I know what you mean about dating being scary. I'm 22 and I really don't desire anything permanent right now. Just thought I'd comment and tell you that you are not alone in your feelings. :D You outfit is really cute, by the way.

www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig