a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Florals.

Floral Dress, Necklace: Thrifted.
Basket Purse: Vintage.
Straw Wedges: Lulu*s.
Lipstick in MAC's Please Me.

Hello everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend wherever in the world you are :) I certainly did! It was filled with baby kittens, rainbow cake, an Easter egg hunt, and of course lots of chocolate. I didn't have an Easter dress for this year until I went thrifting on Saturday and found this pretty, floral, 90's dress. I have too many floral dresses to count already, but what really caught my eye was the beautiful crochet sleeves on this dress. I've never seen anything like it! It did perfectly well as a dress for the holiday festivities, but I think I might sell it in the future because I just have too many floral dresses...I've got to stop buying them!

I actually ended up going to church on Saturday evening instead of Sunday because of fitting everything in schedule. This was my first time going to 'my church' for Easter, since last year at this time I hadn't even visited it yet. I am a very emotionally connected person. I feel as though if I'm not moved emotionally by something, then I'm not feeling it with my heart and it... just doesn't feel right. I need to feel this inner happiness, this burst of emotion and life to feel satisfied in the choices I make and activities I do. That's why I'd been frustrated for some time because when I would worship in church for the past few months, I didn't feel that. I would get excited and riled up about the music, but I didn't feel that inner emotion that I once had felt when I first gave my life to Christ. It kind of came suddenly on Saturday evening though as I was worshiping-- that overwhelming feeling of joy that only Christ can bring. I couldn't help but finally cry and smile at the same time and lift my hands up high to worship; to think of all He has done for me and how He loves me. x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

10 comments

Angela said...

I love that feeling- when you're so moved by the Lord that you just feel like the sun is shining out of you. Glad you found that connection again :) You + your sister are sooo cute! Happy last few weeks of spring semester!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this! So perfect for Easter. Your shoes are especially gorgeous, and oh my word, that kitten!!

Kezzie said...

Explain about the kitty!!! WHo does it belong to??!?!?! So cute!
The dress is lovely and Gracie is beautiful as usual (where is her dress from?!)
Glad that you felt the Lord at church!

Lorna said...

I Love the kitty, the dress, the straw bag... And the cake !
Lovely post !
Xxxx
Wish you have spent à lovely Easyer gal.
Lorna
Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That kitten is SO adorable!!! I have a soft spot for kittens, I wish I could adopt them all. You look so cute in that dress, and your little sister is so darling! Hope you had an amazing weekend. :)

Kay
Fashionably Kay

Miche said...

Gorgeous! Also, that cat! <3
Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Yes, that's true. I feel the same like you about how big Jesus love for us. :)

Anyway, your dress is so pretty. i always like the floral pattern :) Irene Wibowo

emmacharlottesometimes said...

Oh so lovely! Sounds like you had a fab weekend. You can't go wrong with a kitten, rainbow cake, chocolate and a very pretty dress!
Emma Xx

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely dress and an adorable kitten! Looks like you had a wonderful Easter - weekend! ^^

Unknown said...

Oh Lauren! I am so happy to be back online and to reconnect with everyone, & what a spectacular Easter you had, indeed! Italy ...?!

Blogger Template by pipdig