a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, October 27, 2014

Red Lips and Rosey Cheeks.

Checked Dress, Infinity Scarf: H&M.
Sweater: Thrifted.
Black Beret: AA.
Black Loafers: TJ Maxx.
Lipstick in MAC's Russian Red.

 Hello everyone!
Okay, so I need to fan girl for a moment that Taylor Swift's 1989 came out today!! I loved her from the second I heard Tear Drops on my Guitar all those years ago (I used to actually relate it to my now boyfriend back then, ha). From her transformation of soulful country gal, to fiery love pop queen ,and then this album which is just such a new feel and sound for her but it still perfectly fits who she is. I did a listen of all the samples on itunes and am obsessed with them all...I'm super bummed though because although I could buy the album on itunes, I really want the limited edition one they sell at Target that comes with bonus songs and Polaroids for each song. So, I'm going to have my parents buy it for me while I'm over here and impatiently wait! I HAD to buy Wildest Dreams though because after I listened to it I fell in love and couldn't wait another month and a half...

I just think Taylor is an incredible artist and person. She does amazing things for her fans and I feel like she really and truly genuinely cares. I love the marketing techniques she uses to promote her CD, not imposing her songs via my icloud like U2 -__- But by having secret sessions with her fans, inviting them to her house, baking cookies for them, letting them hold her Grammys....like what celebrity does that!?

Her songs have gotten me through so many points of my life and I'm so happy to continue to love her and this new CD she's released (but I honestly don't feel like I would stop loving her). I decided that I AM going to go to her concert for the tour of this CD. I've always wanted to go, but never justified the money but I am too in love with this CD and know it's something I'll never forget if I do go. Will be anxiously awaiting a tour release date so I can go, ha :D

What are your favorite songs on the album? I'd love to hear!

Anyways, //END FAN GIRL// This is an outfit from London! The streets were so cute and just as lovely and quaint as I could have imagined. Couldn't help but snap some outfit photos in front of someone's house basically, ha. But then, the best part was the vintage car I found! Oh London, you're adorable

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

14 comments

Anonymous said...

How nice to read that you are as big of a Taylor Swift fan as I am! My favourite songs off the new album are probably "Wildest Dreams" and "I Know Places" :)

Your outfit is really pretty, such a sweet dress!

Jordan said...

Ew. Taylor Swift's latest music totally appropriates black culture & makes a mockery of it. Why would you support someone like that?

Katie Selt said...

I love this outfit, it looks cozy and quaint.

I love Taylor Swift's new album, but I don't like the video to Shake it Off, because, like Jordan before me commented, it does make a mockery of lack culture. However, the whole album doesn't, and I'm happy that her songs have gotten you through things!

Katie| www.katielikeme.com

Samantha said...

Beautiful outfit! I love the long sweater!

Anonymous said...

This is such an adorable outfit. I love the neutrals. You look great!

Kimi, twenty-something simple said...

People are totally misinterpreting the Shake It Off music video. She is showcasing various styles of music and dancing like a dork because she doesn't fit in with those styles, then at the end, her fans are crazy dancing and she fits right in with them. It's not a mockery of any culture.

Anyway, I totally agree with you regarding 1989! I'm OBSESSED! You seriously have to get the deluxe album. I've never been so in love with the bonus tracks. I seriously think if her label had let her, she'd have a full 16 track album. They are that good.

I can't even pick a favorite, haha. I've had each song stuck in my head at some point (and not been annoyed by any of them), so that's a telltale sign that I love them all! I am partial to How to Get the Girl and All You Had to Do Was Stay, though. So, so good.

xo Kimi

Unknown said...

Loving the colour palette in this outfit! Nice!
x Angela // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

Ruby Sterland said...

Love this outfit Lauren, hope you're enjoying London! Wildest Dreams is so great, isn't it?! I've been in a constant state of fan girling for the past 24 hours, 1989 IS SO GOOD. Taylor's style has changed so much but she's still the same person, I'll always have so much love for that girl x

www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

Alexandra Marie said...

Superbly lovely <3 Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Kayla Renee said...

If black people are calling out the music video for being racist, it's racist. White girls like Taylor don't get to decide what is and is not offensive on the basis of race. Read about critical race theory & the fact that black women have been used as props by white women in the music industry for years & you might view it differently.

Unknown said...

Thank you for fangirling - I didn't know that about Taylor Swift! ... Love, love, love your dress, and - always! - your traveling photos, which are giving me an opportunity to travel Europe even tho I have a tired aching body and no moula ;)

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Hey Jordan, Katie, and Kayla!

I appreciate your feedback about your feelings on the Taylor Swift Shake It Off video. I've seen the video and although I don't believe from my view that she us appropriating african americans, we are all entitled to our opinion! I can see where some people might interpret it that way, but for me I saw her just making fun of herself in the clip (having no behind, can't dance, ect), rather than trying to demean a race. It's pointless to argue because we all have our own opinions, but I appreciate your input and view! :)

Deachen said...

So good to know that you're a swifite too. I've been fangirling for over 6 years now, oh! She's just perfect . I'm from India and we don't have CDs available in stores yet and it's so sad. Being the lucky one to meet her is a far off thing.
Anyways, you're beautiful both inside and out. I love your blog, and going through it has become one of obsession now. Keep going Lauran! 💃

Unknown said...

This outfit is so cute and perfectly London! I think that the car makes it so quintessential British! I love it. I honestly am not the biggest fan of Taylor Swift but I get the sentiment I feel the same way about other music.
Justine
http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig