a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, April 27, 2015

1970's Dream.

1970's Floral Maxi Skirt: Thrifted.
White Blouse, Stone Necklace: Forever21.
Hat: c/o OASAP.
Lipstick in MAC's Chatterbox.

Hello everyone! 

This is a little bit different style than I'm used to sporting but I actually loved this outfit because...THE SKIRT. I mentioned in a previous post that I found this gorgeous 1970's skirt at Goodwill the other day. I was really back and forth on getting it; it's not super practical and I wasn't sure if it would be a good piece to take with me to NYC (two requirements when buying clothes right now) but it just struck such a chord with me I couldn't pass it up. I mean, it was only like $3.50 but that's a lot for me, ha. I know, I am cheap. I will admit it. I think why I love it so much is that it reminds me of a piece I used to have in my wardrobe that I loved TO DEATH. It was this little dress/shirt here from Forever21. I remember seeing this online and begging my parents to buy it for me because for me, if I had this I would make all the popular girls jealous at the time in high school. (Yeah, I know, really immature thinking. Thank goodness for growing up). My parents didn't want to get it for me because it was so short, but I told them I would make it work; so they let me buy it. I remember getting it and realizing they were right-- there was no way I could wear this dress anywhere without my bum showing, but I loved it so much that I found other ways to wear it. I got rid of the dress a few years back and kind of wish I'd kept it, just for sentimental reasons. It was one of the first items I bought when I was starting out in fashion that felt like 'me'

Well, now that I've bored you all with that blast from the past, I think I'll end the post here! Enough nostalgic rambling for the day. x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

3 comments

Unknown said...

one of my favoritest outfits you've ever done.

Captain Charley said...

The colours are beautiful. You've styled this skirt wonderfully too!

captaincharghley.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That skirt is so fun! And girl, I feel you about being cheap - I'm so super cheap; when a dress is over $5, I'm like ehhhhhh, better not (yes, said in a Fat Amy voice).
I hope that you take it with you to New York and make it New York chic - if anyone can do that, it is you!

Looking forward to hearing all about your NYC adventures!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Blogger Template by pipdig