a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Into the Night.

Velvet Bodysuit | Someone Like You
Velvet and Mesh Bodysuit | Someone Like You
Mesh Bodysuit | Someone Like You
MAC Rebel Lipstick | Someone Like You
Thrifted Body Suit | Someone Like You
Vintage Body Suit | Someone Like You
Velvet Halloween Outfit | Someone Like You
Rebel Lipstick | Someone Like You
Mesh and Velvet | Someone Like You

Velvet Bodysuit with Mesh (very similar) | Thrifted
Velvet Skirt (similar for $35) | Thrifted
Black Heeled Booties | H&M

Happy Halloween weekend!

I've been getting in the Halloween spirit lately with my outfits. I wore this outfit yesterday to look around at the Union Square market and to meet a friend for coffee later in the evening. I've been dying to wear this velvet bodysuit. Yes, you hear that right. Although this may look like a dress, this outfit comprises of two separate pieces. The top is this amazing velvet bodysuit  I thrifted back in Ohio for $1.99. Its sweetheart neckline and little covered buttons make it look like something you could find in H&M or Forever21 this season. But what goes around come back around and the tag suggests it's an 80s/90s piece. To me it is perfection! I paired it with a matching velvet skirt I thrifted a few years back that has been my go to for the spookiest month of the year. To top it all off, I needed a coquettish lipstick color. MAC's Rebel always does the trick for me. I don't use it as much as I use my Russian Red, but it's a great fall color to pull out to up the ante to outfits.

Sadly, there are no fun Halloween festivities for me this year. Partly because I've been sick with a sinus cold since Thursday and also because I'm a loser and don't go to parties lol. This is my first year in a LONG time I won't be dressing up--which does make me sad because I love doing DIY costumes every year. I do have one more themed outfit for tomorrow I'll be wearing + posting pictures in so stay tuned. It may not be a full blown costume, but it is a character I'm quite excited to emulate for a day :)

Hope you all had a great weekend! See ya tomorrow, spooks.

With much love,

Lauren.
SHARE:

4 comments

Kezzie said...

It's a pretty outfit. I always enjoy your Halloween outfits, so ingenious so it would be nice to see them again!

Sammi said...

I love this! Costumes and Halloween are my favorite, and yet I haven't really worn a costume for a few years. Once you're out of college – and especially if you don't party – sometimes it's more difficult to find occasions to wear stuff... I'll be dressing Halloween THEMED tomorrow at work, but I don't think I'm wearing a costume. Maybe next year! I hope your Halloween is fun, sweet Lauren!

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

I love this look Lauren. You always pull off the best. If I ever come your way you must take me thrifting. I just find it so hard over here in lil old nz.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,

I want to wear your panties!

Blogger Template by pipdig