a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Oh-La-La.

Black & White Swing Jacket, Magenta Pleated Skirt, Black Gloves: Thrifted.
Black Stiletto Heels: Burlington.
Purple Beret: Target.
Floriana Bustier: c/o Vedette.
Fuchsia Lipstick in Centrifuchsia: c/o Lime Crime.

Hello everyone!
How are you all doing...? I've had a busy but pleasant weekend thus far. Today Matt and I went to Olive Garden with his parents for his father's birthday and after went to get his tux rented and fitted! Makes me a bit sad to know that it was his last tux fitting :( We ended up getting a cream shirt and ivory vest and tie to match my dress. Surprisingly enough we got a brown tux instead of a black one. Sigh, I'm afraid I've breeded a fashion monster with all these years of dating...He sure takes my advice when I say be original! All joking aside though the brown really does look nice even though it's something you never see. I am quite excited about it and so if he!

After all of the errands we went back to his house to watch this horror movie on John Gacy which was beyond freaky. It documented these paranormal scientists going into his house and looking for the ghosts of his murder victims and him..I'm skeptical on whether it was real or not, but I know it sure had me scared to drive home alone in the dark!

Anywho, about my outfit. I'm wearing another lovely piece of shape wear courtesy of Vedette! This one is called the Floriana and is actually part of the 'sensuale' collection. This bustier seriously makes me feel so much like a woman (cue Shaina Twain). It's the most rich and lovely color with delicate lace detailing and panels of silk on the sides. It fits me like a glove, but doesn't make me feel uncomfortable and like I can't breath. Since it's a pretty risque little piece (probably intended for the bedroom, *embarrassed face*) I wanted to dress it modestly to still reflect my personality and style. I went with a pretty retro theme and had a blast twirling around in this skirt and feeling oh so feminine...I actually didn't have to take pictures in this bustier, but I wanted to anyways. What I did spend most of the day filming though was a video in this bustier! So excited to share a project for Vedette I've been working on; more on it coming soon

Hope you all are doing swell!
With much love, Lauren.

P.S. Don't forget to peek at my giveaway for a piece of Vedette shape wear if you'd care to! I'm giving away THREE pieces! :)
SHARE:

16 comments

Unknown said...

This purple looks great on you!

I'm excited to see what Matt's brown tux looks like and to see your beautiful dress!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

omg you look so so SO cute! you look like blair from gossip girl in this outfit! i love wearing bustiers as a top under jackets or paired with skirts haha

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Deer Little Mysteries said...

I love how french you look. Very cute outfit.

-Desi

xhttp://deerlittlemysteries.blogspot.com/

Nerd Burger said...

You look so amazing. I love the Beret.

Charmaine said...

Wowee! You look like a film noir star, miss Lauren. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, suits you so well :)

xx Carina

Kezzie said...

OOOh brown tux! That's the type of thing my boyfriend would do! He likes to be different and unique! You look lovely! I wouldn't wear the bustier myself but I like the way you styled it! The little coat is SOOOO cute!

Natalie Leung said...

im loving the pretty colours used here!!

natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted the photos because you look beautiful! I love how you paired the pieces together along with the colors. Very classy!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I adore everything about this outfit - the bustier, the skirt, the gloves....so so pretty :) Also, purple really suits you!

carrievintage said...

adorable look and pics <3

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

Okay, what? Do you have a boyfriend now!? I need to catch up. Love the corset, by the way.

Unknown said...

Aww! My boyfriend and I also went to get him fitted for his tux today. I saw some brown tuxes there and I told my boyfriend that they were really cool looking.

Unknown said...

Um. You look amazing!! This is such a chic, sexy outfit but in the classiest way possible. I love how you styled the bustier and how perfectly your beret matches it. Great little jacket too.

Midwest Muse said...

What a beautifully scandalous outfit!

Unknown said...

Adore the colors <3

Blogger Template by pipdig